Filling To Go With.....

Decorating By catin Updated 23 Jun 2008 , 9:18pm by Ironbaker

catin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catin Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 4:17pm
post #1 of 10

I have three cakes to make for my childrens end of the year surprise . And I was wondering what kind of filling would go with White Cake and Chocolate-Caramel Cake . My children want to try different kinds of flavors ...so please help ! I've been trying to think of flavors but not coming up with anything that would actually go great with these cakes ... So any suggestions would be appreciated . BTW ... I have till Wednesday (June 25th) to figure them out ... Delivery will be on the Thursday (last day of school).

Thanks

Julie

9 replies
catin Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 4:30pm
post #2 of 10

Anyone???

Tweedie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tweedie Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 4:36pm
post #3 of 10

I'm not the most creative person in this department but here goes....to me ANYTHING goes with white cake. You could do some type of fruit filling, or a cookies and cream filling (kids usually like that) or you could fill with buttercream and add in some type of crumbled up candy bar (Heath, Snickers, etc.)

For the chocolate caramel you could do a caramel filling. There is one listed in the recipes section that I've been wanting to try but haven't yet so can't tell you if it's any good yet.

Hopefully that helps or sparks some other ideas!!!

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 4:37pm
post #4 of 10

How about a mousse using their favorite fruit - pineapple, mandarine oranges, strawberries....I don't think the chocolate carmel needs anything more than a chocolate ganache or mousse filling with carmel ..

Good luck!

JawdroppingCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JawdroppingCakes Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 4:37pm
post #5 of 10

I know this may not be much help but with the chocolate caramel one I think some kind of mocha flavored filling would make it taste great....kinda like a frapucino. With the white I love raspberry or you could try a coconut filling as well. Hope this kinda helps you.

CelebrationCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CelebrationCakery Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 4:39pm
post #6 of 10

You know there was recently a post about funky flavor combos. I was wondering when someone would give us some recipes...but one that caught my eye was the orange creamcicle, it is a base of white cake and I think you use orange jello...I think I found it on all recipes...I will check for you. That may be something you could do with the white cake...And for the chocolate caramel cake, are nuts an option??? I think there is a praline filling in the recipe section here on CC...

catin Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 4:46pm
post #7 of 10

Thank you all for that great suggestions ... and I need to stay away from Nuts with all the cakes ...cause Peanut and Nut allergies are on the high note at their school ... That is why I was a little stumped at what kind of filling I would be using ... But I think I will try the creamscicle for one of the white Cakes ... and the Caramel filling with the Chocolate-Caramel Cake ... Now it to figure out one more ... LOL

CelebrationCakery Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 4:46pm
post #8 of 10
Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 9:18pm
post #10 of 10

so many...

strawberry for both
raspberry for both
bavarian cream
caramel
lemon (or other sitrus) curd for the white
ganache
cream cheese filling

An easy caramel one is to mix a jar of caramel ice cream topper with a softened block of cream cheese. Add in about 1/2cup of powdered sugar and mix well. Very good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%