Purple And White Tiers

Decorating By Reedsmomma Updated 1 Jul 2008 , 7:58pm by momshobby

Reedsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reedsmomma Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 9:22pm
post #1 of 8

A friend requested a cake for her daughter for this weekend. Here is what she requested: 3 tiers, purple and white (the colors of the college her daughter is going to) and she likes polka dots and stripes. I'm really just starting out, so I don't have tons of creative ideas. My first thought is to do the top and bottom tier in polka dots and the middle tier in stripes. Does anyone have any additions I could do to give the cake a little "WOW"?

7 replies
michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 9:40pm
post #2 of 8

is it like a grad cake? you could use fondant to make the year a topper-just having the stipes and dots is a lot as well so you might want to keep it simple-a white banner with her name on it? HTH icon_smile.gif

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 9:52pm
post #3 of 8

You could make it topsy-turvy, or make the middle tier taller than the top and bottom, or do a combo of square cakes and circle cakes stacked.

If she is a girly girl it looks really fun to wrap the bottom of each with a marabou boa that you can buy at JoAnns for .99 by the kids dress up clothes. Michael's has them, too, by the feathers and boas.

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 11:49am
post #4 of 8

how about bottom tier white with purple polka dots, middle tier purple with white stripes (thin or thick, not sure which would look better), and top tier white with a purple fondant pearl border and her name in fondant as a topper- maybe purple and white marbled fondant.

hmmmm... i think another color would tie it all together. not sure.

CulinaryActor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CulinaryActor Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 2:29am
post #5 of 8

I like your idea of the polka-dot tier and the stripe tier! You could do that and on the top tier put the college's logo or something like and make it stand up!

Good Luck!

Reedsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reedsmomma Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 5:43pm
post #6 of 8

hank you all so much for your ideas! I'm so excited about being a part of such an awesome website with so many helpful people! BTW, if you would like to see it, I have the cake in my photos.

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 6:19pm
post #7 of 8

looks great! icon_smile.gif

momshobby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momshobby Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 7:58pm
post #8 of 8

looks fantastic! Very classy and tasteful

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%