Quick Question Need Help Asap Pls?

Decorating By twinkletoe21 Updated 21 Jun 2008 , 1:46am by auntginn

twinkletoe21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinkletoe21 Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 12:14am
post #1 of 8

i just made two cakes covered with cream cheese frosting and MMF and its crazy hot inside my house, i was wondering if i should leave it out in the open and just fan it or is it okey to put it in the FRIDGE OVER NIGHT? will it be okey the next day? the cakes are for saturday... PLS help!!??!!

TIA!

7 replies
ncbert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncbert Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 12:45am
post #2 of 8

I'm not sure ,but maybe someone else can help!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 12:49am
post #3 of 8

Refrigerate it or you'll have mush. The cream cheese should probably be in the fridge anyway.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 12:50am
post #4 of 8

Cream cheese needs to go in the fridge.

It should be all right, sometimes mmf gets sticky but as long as you don't touch it until it's dry it looks fine.

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 12:50am
post #5 of 8

One thing I've been told is just watch for condensation on your fondant when you take it out of the fridge and are bringing it back to room temperature. Since it will sweat, you could get different colors of fondant bleeding onto eachother. Keep an eye on it and blot any moisture dry. Can't say I've tried it myself, that's just advice I saw before. Good luck!

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 12:57am
post #6 of 8

I am in southern Louisiana and just did a cream cheese BC/MMF covered cake (the steak cake in my photos).
I kept it for almost 24 hours in the fridge and no problems. The cream cheese BC needs to be stored in the fridge anyways.

twinkletoe21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinkletoe21 Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 1:24am
post #7 of 8

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCHHH!!!

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 1:46am
post #8 of 8

The way to store in the fridge is to put the cake in the appropriate size cake box. Wrap the whole thing in kitchen plastic wrap at least twice. This is to seal it from air. Then place in the fridge and it should keep overnight. You may want to pull it out about 1/2 hr to 1 hour before delivery to bring it to room temp slowly. But only if the weather permits.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%