Imbc---Yuck!

Baking By buttercream_dreams Updated 2 Jul 2008 , 5:04pm by beemarie

nhbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nhbaker Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 1:09pm
post #31 of 32

So glad I found this thread. I absolutely love working with IMBC/SMBC--it's so easy to get a nice smooth finish with. I too wasn't crazy about the flavor when I first started making it, but have gotten used to it. It really does enhance the flavor of some cakes - eg, lemon cake with raspberry cream filling. HOWEVER, I find that a lot of people, ESPECIALLY KIDS, just don't like it. At my nieces graduation party (which I made the cake for) I watched serveral people devour the cake and filling (which oddly was SMBC with stuff mixed in) and leave the icing. I'd really like to find an icing that appeals to both the adults and kids. Going to try melysa's recipe. Has anyone ever mixed IMBC with a 10x based buttercream??? Thought I saw something to that effect somewhere here on one of the posts.

beemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beemarie Posted 2 Jul 2008 , 5:04pm
post #32 of 32

Hi NHBaker,
I also love IMBC and SMBC (I just tried Melysa's this past week for the first time, and it was wonderful! I will be using that from now on, as it was also easier to make than IMBC).
Also, my children are not big fans of it, but they love the regular, sugary BC. So I have been combining the two for their cakes. And it is very good! I use the WBH House Buttercream, which is very good on its own (not your typical BC), and I combined it with SMBC and everybody just loved it. It was a very nice balance of the two.

I hope that helps! It was an experiment that turned out pretty good thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%