How To Get Jumbo Cookie Out Of The Pan

Baking By pjmw Updated 21 Jun 2008 , 2:30pm by pjmw

pjmw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjmw Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 8:18pm
post #1 of 6

I usually have orders for round, pizza-sized jumbo cookies. I had an order today for a 9x15 rectangle. I put waxed paper underneath the batter hoping it would help release the cookie just like I do with cake. I also spray the heck out of the pan. The cookie eventually came out, but is there another way? I was so afraid it was going to break! TIA

Paula

5 replies
kimkait Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimkait Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 8:28pm
post #2 of 6

I line with foil up the sides of the pan and lift it out by the foil.hth

Karabear1125 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karabear1125 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 8:29pm
post #3 of 6

I'm not sure either other than the parchment paper underneath, maybe some overlapping out of the sides to help lift it out?

I buy those disposable foil pans and just press and bake my cookie in them and leave them in there ; decorate and send it off.

Marysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marysmom Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 8:31pm
post #4 of 6

When you say you did the wax paper, did you leave any overhang? Leaving overhang will give you something to hold on to when lifting.

Also, have you tried lining your pans with the non-stick reynold's release foil. I've made several bar cookies in my 9x13 and line with the non-stick foil and I don't even spray. If you leave an overhang, you can just lift the cookie out. Nothing sticks to the non-stick foil.

Hope this helps,
Gen

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 8:53pm
post #5 of 6

I line the pan with foil and spray the foil with nonstick spray. Use the edges of the foil to pull the cookie out of the pan, and then peel the foil off when the cookie is completely cooled.

pjmw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjmw Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 2:30pm
post #6 of 6

One of my problems was that I didn't leave enough overhang to lift out. Using aluminum foil instead of parchment/wax paper is a great idea....but I think I will investigate the aluminum pans and deliver that way. Thanks everybody!!!!

Paula

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%