Pool Party Sheet Cake?

Decorating By alicia_froedge Updated 30 Jun 2008 , 11:25am by allee

alicia_froedge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicia_froedge Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 5:24pm
post #1 of 10

HELP! I need ideas for two girls turning 16 they are having a pool party and want a pool theme sheet cake. I've looked in the galleries and I've seen a lot of cute cakes but I don't want anything with making fondant people.

Any ideas would be a huge help!!!!

9 replies
gandelmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gandelmom Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 5:30pm
post #2 of 10

either spray the top blue or use blue frosting for the water.
use the flat side of the basketweave tip to make an edge around the pool in white. make people's heads on top of the water with flesh colored frosting with a very large tip.
Make beach balls and other pool toys-
You can look at my photos for my pool cake-no fondant used.
HTH!

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 5:35pm
post #3 of 10

I would decorate with beach balls and pool toys, beach towels, sandles, little bottles of sunscreen, sunglasses and the like. For the pool you could use colored piping gel to give it the appearance of water. Should be fun to make!

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 5:43pm
post #4 of 10

I just did one that I'll deliver this afternoon. I used the Wilton sports ball pan (just one half of it) to make a beach ball that is placed on top of a 14" round cake. The 14" round is iced in different shades of blue gently stirred together so that it looks like water. Then the half ball beach ball is on that, to look like it's floating in the water, with water ripples and drops piped on in white.

Deanna

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 5:55pm
post #5 of 10

. . . did you see this one uploaded today . . . obviously you wouldn't include the "beer" . . . http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo-1234655.html

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 6:07pm
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflydreams

. . . did you see this one uploaded today . . . obviously you wouldn't include the "beer" . . . http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo-1234655.html

That one is SO COOL!

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 7:29pm
post #7 of 10

Here's the one I did for today. It was pretty quick and easy.

Deanna
LL

justgale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justgale Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 10:01pm
post #8 of 10

I made this one at work out of cupcakes and buttercream iceing. http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1216612.html I just sort of carved the stones into the iceing and then airbrushed them. You could make the trees out of pretzle rods. That was my first time ever trying to figure pipe people. If you would like to order plastic lawn chairs, palm trees, beach toys and that kind of stuff to decorate with I've got a pretty good site that I use. PM me and I'll send you the link. Good luck with this.
Sherri

CulinaryActor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CulinaryActor Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:21pm
post #9 of 10

For the people you can also use icing. It's really not that hard. Or just don't use people and do backyard with a pool and decorate really nice and partyish!!

Good Luck
Sounds Like Fun

allee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allee Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 11:25am
post #10 of 10

I did one a couple of weeks ago, and believe me, I can't do fondant people at all. Just not that talented yet, but I used some leftover MMF and made the beach ball & beach towel. The "people" in the pool were just arms and heads, the diving board was 2 sticks of gum covered in MMF and underneath that was 2 Starburst covered in MMF. That way everything was edible. They loved it and it wasn't that difficult. I also used the recipe on here for piping gel, and flavored it w/watermelon flavoring and it was delish! HTH
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%