What Is Gummy Paper?

Decorating By auntginn Updated 3 Jul 2008 , 2:35pm by auntginn

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 1:56am
post #1 of 3

I have never heard of it. I was given a pic from a magazine. We do not know which one. There is a small description tht says gummy paper is used to create the design of the honeycomb design that is on each of the tieres.

What is gummy paper and where do I get it? I've added the pic, hope you'll be able to see it clearly.

Any and all help is appreciated.


2 replies
lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 2:31am
post #2 of 3


There is a gummy paper which is a release paper manufactured by a company that makes the silicone pans and such items. Possibly, this could be the same thing... I would think it would be similar to the impression panels we use on butter cream. It may be called something different in the USA or other countries. Sorry I could not be more definite.

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 3 Jul 2008 , 2:35pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks for your help. I did not get a notice of a response and thought no one had answered.

Thanks again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%