Help! Peanut Themed Baby Shower

Decorating By tmt Updated 26 Jun 2008 , 2:39pm by tmt

tmt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmt Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 3:05pm
post #1 of 16

a friend is asking for a peanut themed baby shower cake. she wants peanut on top with blue blanket. i just can't picture it! i guess the lady called her baby peanut during the pregnancy. i need help please!!!!

15 replies
tmt Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 4:51pm
post #2 of 16

bumping my own post. PLEASE, I really need help on this one icon_smile.gif

LeanneW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeanneW Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 5:57pm
post #3 of 16

oh this sounds so cute, I can picture it. I would make the peanut out of a mixture of fondant and GP. watch aine2's tutorials on you tube to get an idea of how to work with it.

she doesn't make a peanut but I found it helpful to see how she works with her pieces.

you can make a peanut shape easily enough and then us ethe methods in Aine2's turorials to make a mouth, eyes, and nose. it would be really cute.

http://www.lorraine-icingonthecake.co.uk/masterclass/face-howto.htm

http://www.youtube.com/aine2

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 6:13pm
post #4 of 16

Or you could always go the easy route and buy some of those candy circus peanuts...would be cute to take one of those and drape a little fondant blankie on it and maybe even make a little pacifier and stick to it?/ I think it sounds adorable!!! My daughter was a premie and everyone always said..oh, look at her she's just a tiny little peanut! so maybe I'm a little partial to the peanut thing too....but I think it sounds like a really really cute cake idea.

tmt Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 12:54am
post #5 of 16

is this what you guys are saying???

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1233007.html

no offense to gonewild, but i think it looks like a little terd icon_sad.gif i don't know how to make this a cute novelty. i need help icon_cry.gif

kimmy37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmy37 Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 1:15am
post #6 of 16

I think it would be cute to do a two tiered light blue cake with a little pile of fondant peanuts at one side of the bottom, a little pile at the other side on top of the bottom tier, then a larger peanut on top under a medium blue blankie. I'm not too fond of the human face on it, I'd just put some sleeping eyes, a round nose, and a blue pacifier mouth.
You could even do stars and a moon on sucker sticks behind the sleeping peanut. (I've done a couple of baby shower cakes with sleeping babies, stars, moon-in my pics). HTH

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 1:19am
post #7 of 16

Ok. well what about a peanut shaped cake, with a baby bum on the top?
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1233297
Or do the pea in a pod as a peanut?
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1233571
Good luck!

Marysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marysmom Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 9:34pm
post #8 of 16

How about this....here's a pic of a baby shower invite with peanut theme. It has a baby in the shell of the peanut. I think this would be a way to get around the turd look. This way you can have a normal looking baby.
LL

tmt Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 9:45pm
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marysmom

How about this....here's a pic of a baby shower invite with peanut theme. It has a baby in the shell of the peanut. I think this would be a way to get around the turd look. This way you can have a normal looking baby.

that is too funny, this is the one i convinced her to use for the design! thanks icon_smile.gif

ladefly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladefly Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 9:57pm
post #10 of 16

ooo you could really go all out with that.... i love that invitation. you could even do the peanut in gumpaste, so it is hard... it will look very nice this way.
keep us posted

tmt Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 3:58am
post #11 of 16

here is what i came up with. thx for looking and for the ideas!
LL

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 6:50am
post #12 of 16

I really like your cake, it's very cute and your writting is amazing!

Marysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marysmom Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 12:25pm
post #13 of 16

Oh, that's cute. I'd love to see the sides. It looks like there's blue on the sides.

CulinaryActor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CulinaryActor Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 7:27pm
post #14 of 16

I love that cake! Great Job!! I Applaud You!!

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 10:02pm
post #15 of 16

very cute cake

tmt Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 2:39pm
post #16 of 16

Thanks everyone. I had trouble to start with this one but it ended up cute enough I think.

Marysmom, the sides are blue polka dots (3 sizes of dots). I never snapped a picture before she picked it up. Sorry

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%