My Own Scroll Work Question (See Pic)

Decorating By ANicole Updated 19 Jun 2008 , 1:56pm by KHalstead

ANicole Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ANicole Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 3:31am
post #1 of 7

How do you guys think I could get scroll work like this? I tried practicing the pin prick method today, but maybe I didn't wait long enough for the BC to crust - the paper stuck to my icing. Someone suggested making your own stamp by using piping gel (I found this info in another thread). I thought that was a cool idea, but does this cake look like it's BC to you? Or is it fondant with fondant scrolls? P.S. Is it better to let your BC crust in fridge or room temp?



6 replies
PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 3:40am
post #2 of 7

That looks like royal icing on fondant... something like that i'd probably freehand pipe

bartar01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bartar01 Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 10:41am
post #3 of 7

I'd say it looks like fondant, with scroll piped on. I always let my icing crust at room temperature, but I am relatively new to this world of cake decorating, so maybe it's just because I don't know any better icon_biggrin.gif

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 10:52am
post #4 of 7

They just had a thread going here about this a few days ago. janH come and find it for her please. I don't know how janH does it . Anyway, they took a clear stamp from a scrapbooking place and put it on acetate which is a clear firm plastic. Marked the fondant or crusted icing and went over the marks with a tip. I played with it one day a voila, I can't wait to do a real cake with that method. HTH If you find the thread she had pictures too. I'm a visual learner myself.

formerbuckeye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
formerbuckeye Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 1:44pm
post #5 of 7

Yes, JanH, please find it. That sound great and I missed the original post.

danijus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danijus Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 1:52pm
post #6 of 7
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 1:56pm
post #7 of 7

that cake looks like it's covered with fondant. I would probably just get a cheap round cookie cutter (wilton has great ones for offense) and cut the round cutter in half and then open up the half circle some to the shape you want and then use that as a press!

Quote by @%username% on %date%