Elmo Cookie

Baking By jayla Updated 25 Jun 2008 , 10:31pm by KHalstead

jayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayla Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 6:15am
post #1 of 5

Is there anyone that has made an ELMO cookie? I am a newbie to cookies, but someone asked me about making some. I need to know what size cookie cutter and how to draw the image of elmo's face on cookie.

jayla

4 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 2:41pm
post #2 of 5

his head is a football shape. I'll bet you could find a football shaped cookie cutter very easily at the craft store. They sell some cheapie aluminum ones for like .50 cents and I know I've seen footballs.

KHalstead Posted 20 Jun 2008 , 2:42pm
post #3 of 5

oh I just wanted to say in case you weren't aware but it is illegal to sell a copyrighted character, even if you draw it yourself.

ahuvas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ahuvas Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 1:57am
post #4 of 5

To what extent does ths apply? What if she calls the cookie a blue happy face or something? It is only true if it is instantly recognisable?

That being said I just made a cookie monster cookie as a very rough practice? I just printed a color in page from the internet, printer it to the right size and cut it out from cardboard. I covered it in MMF and used a template from the mouth and round cutters for perfect circle eyes and black pupils.

It wasnt the best but it turned out pretty well and you could do a much better job - I literally did it in 10 min.

KHalstead Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 10:31pm
post #5 of 5

it doesn't matter what you call it or how bad it looks...its illegal to make a profit off of a licensed character.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%