I'm Looking For Mini Cake Stands..

Decorating By FromScratch Updated 26 Jun 2008 , 4:19pm by pinklesley1

mommy2djb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy2djb Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 5:06pm
post #31 of 48

DoniB - Those are really the only ones I found when looking too...

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 5:39pm
post #32 of 48

LOL DoniB.. if you do get some made up let me know.. I just might buy some from you. I guess I need to get out and look for supplies too. I might just call the prop company that rented them out for the shoot and see if they might give up a supplier for something like that.. probably not, but it's worth as hot right? icon_lol.gif

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 6:12pm
post #33 of 48

Always worth a shot. The most they can do is laugh in your face. icon_razz.gif At best, you might be able to find some really cool mini cake stands. icon_smile.gif

I'm going to hit a few stores this afternoon, see if there's anything I can make from what's available close by. If so, I'll post some pics, or PM you or something. icon_smile.gif LOL

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 6:53pm
post #37 of 48

For those of you that are into making your own, check out egg stands. The ones you put decorated eggs on. They have pedestal as well as simple round ones that you can glue a round disc or mirror to, plus they have different sizes as well. Some crafting sites have them.

DoniB Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 2:16am
post #38 of 48

finally got a few shots of a mini cake stand I was able to put together. Let me know what you think. I'm still looking for other 'parts' that can be made into stands, but this was a fun one, so I thought I'd slap it up here and get feedback. icon_smile.gif

DoniB
PS sorry for so many pics...
LL
LL
LL

Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 5:38pm
post #39 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by shisharka

http://www.worldmarket.com/Cake-Stand/lev/4/productId/291/Ntt/cake%20stand/Ntx/mode+matchallpartial/Ntk/Def/N/0/Nty/1/Ssr/Y/index.pro

The website list only the 10" and 12", but there is also a 6", I think it was $7 at the local store I bought my 12" from.

I went there on friday looking for one and I got it; it's about 6.5" and it's so cute; just paid $6.99 +tax for it. And I love it!!!

pinklesley1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklesley1 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 7:20pm
post #40 of 48

doni b ... that is so cute.. i would love to have some of those so when people come to a tasting i can give them the samples on something like that... how did you do it?

DoniB Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 7:25pm
post #41 of 48

It's a small candle stick and a square candle plate. I used a glass adhesive that's rated dishwasher safe, to connect them. icon_smile.gif That's it. But it did take a bit to find just the right stuff to do it. I've been to about 12 different stores, and when I can make it to the surrounding towns, I'll check them out, as well.

I've put them up on my e-bay store, just for giggles and to see if there's any interest in 'em. We'll see what happens! LOL

pinklesley1 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 7:30pm
post #42 of 48

how much are you selling them for.... i might just save myself the driving and buy them from you....

DoniB Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 7:34pm
post #43 of 48

$7 at ebay, but I'll do $5 each for non-website stuff, since I don't have listing or transaction fees and the like.

Is that a decent price? Am I asking too much, too little? icon_razz.gif

pinklesley1 Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 9:53pm
post #44 of 48

i dont know... bc i dont know how much you spent on them... are they all the same, bc i would love to have different shaped ones... im like that.. i like the asymetrical look of things ... you know things that are all kitchy...

DoniB Posted 24 Jun 2008 , 11:51pm
post #45 of 48

let me see what else I can find. icon_smile.gif The problem with a bunch of stuff is that you can tell it was meant to be something else. So there are round ones, but they have little knobs or feet on them, which don't look so great floating in mid-air. icon_razz.gif

But there are a couple of places I wanted to check out... I'll see if I come up with anything else. LOL You've challenged me! icon_smile.gif

DoniB Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 1:37pm
post #46 of 48

for anyone still checking in, here are a few more 'cake stands' I've managed to find pieces for. Any feedback is welcome! It's fun making them, though, because at the very least, I'll have some nifty mini-cake stands to display stuff on. Since we only have 4 people in the house, when I make small cakes, it's nice to have something pretty to put it on for presentation, and my big cake stand is far too big for the 4-8" cakes I tend to make when it's just us. icon_smile.gif

Thanks for any feedback, even if it's "I don't think so!" icon_smile.gif
LL
LL

DoniB Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 1:40pm
post #47 of 48

sigh... and one more, since for some reason (probably the nut loose between the seat and the keyboard icon_razz.gif) the second trio didn't come through.
LL

pinklesley1 Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 4:19pm
post #48 of 48

those are so cute... i love the fact that they are all different....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%