Convection Or Standard??

Decorating By melanier5 Updated 13 Jun 2008 , 8:55pm by tiggy2

melanier5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melanier5 Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 3:30pm
post #1 of 5

Im about to buy a new oven and would like to know if ya'll prefer convection or standard ovens.Thanks for your input.

4 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 3:48pm
post #2 of 5

I've never used a convection oven before but I'd like to know too as I just ordered a double wall oven with convection on the top for our new house.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 4:17pm
post #3 of 5

I personally prefer convection as it's what I learned on in school and what I use professionally. Unfortunately, for my home baking, I'm stuck with conventional at the moment, but when I get that new kitchen, I plan on double wall oven with convection on top!

icon_biggrin.gif

Deana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deana Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 4:19pm
post #4 of 5

I just bought a new oven with double convection... paid a pretty penny for it, thinking this would be great for my cakes... well, while reading the instruction booklet (yes, I'm one of those nerds that reads the books from cover to cover) it actually said that it was best NOT to use the convection feature for cakes - (it has a seperate "cakes" button)..

not sure if this is very helpful.... but it does warrant a bit more research..

good luck!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 8:55pm
post #5 of 5

Deana, what brand did you buy? Is it a "true convection" or just convection? The one I just purchased was expensive but the True Convection is more expensive and if I remember right not available in commercial ovens.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%