Can I Do This With Gumpaste?

Decorating By jenangel1229 Updated 13 Jun 2008 , 6:24am by ceshell

jenangel1229 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenangel1229 Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 3:22pm
post #1 of 4

I have an order for a graduation cake for next weekend and she wants her high school mascot with her college mascot next to each other. I was thinking about making kind of a "plaque" with gumpaste and then ontop of that once it hardens doing the mascots in colorflow. Will this work or does anyone have a better idea?

The mascots are fairly simple designs the first one is a large D with a cougar outline and then the second is the msu sparty outline.

Thanks for all your help!!

3 replies
Shola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shola Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 3:52pm
post #2 of 4

I'd say forget the gumpaste and do a Royal icing ransfer or Frozen BC Transfer, I just did one (FBCT) and they turn out very neat looking even if your not much of an artist!

If you go for a gumpaste plaque then you could just paint the mascot on once it dries with icing colour, but if your not too hot with a paintbrush go for the transfers! icon_smile.gif

HTH's

jenangel1229 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenangel1229 Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 7:11pm
post #3 of 4

Shola thank you but I've never done a fbct and I'm kinda chicken to do one. Does anyone have anything else???

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 6:24am
post #4 of 4

Oh, check the galleries for the My Little Pony cake recently uploaded, it's adorable and yourstrulytx made gumpaste ponies (flat) with RI decorations. I don't know if it was colorflow since I've never done that technique, but it sure looks like it to me.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1230315

Anyway if you think that looks like colorflow, you can PM her for tips??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%