Can I Do This With Gumpaste?

Decorating By jenangel1229 Updated 13 Jun 2008 , 6:24am by ceshell

jenangel1229 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenangel1229 Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 3:22pm
post #1 of 4

I have an order for a graduation cake for next weekend and she wants her high school mascot with her college mascot next to each other. I was thinking about making kind of a "plaque" with gumpaste and then ontop of that once it hardens doing the mascots in colorflow. Will this work or does anyone have a better idea?

The mascots are fairly simple designs the first one is a large D with a cougar outline and then the second is the msu sparty outline.

Thanks for all your help!!

3 replies
Shola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shola Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 3:52pm
post #2 of 4

I'd say forget the gumpaste and do a Royal icing ransfer or Frozen BC Transfer, I just did one (FBCT) and they turn out very neat looking even if your not much of an artist!

If you go for a gumpaste plaque then you could just paint the mascot on once it dries with icing colour, but if your not too hot with a paintbrush go for the transfers! icon_smile.gif


jenangel1229 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenangel1229 Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 7:11pm
post #3 of 4

Shola thank you but I've never done a fbct and I'm kinda chicken to do one. Does anyone have anything else???

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 6:24am
post #4 of 4

Oh, check the galleries for the My Little Pony cake recently uploaded, it's adorable and yourstrulytx made gumpaste ponies (flat) with RI decorations. I don't know if it was colorflow since I've never done that technique, but it sure looks like it to me.

Anyway if you think that looks like colorflow, you can PM her for tips??

Quote by @%username% on %date%