Which Cake To Do...they Want Me To Choose...

Decorating By Trixyinaz Updated 12 Jun 2008 , 4:47am by ladyonzlake

Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 2:00pm
post #1 of 9

They want a chocolate cake with either chocolate mousse filling or raspberry filling....they love both. Then they tell me to choose. icon_cry.gif I am the most indecisive person you'll ever meet. ACK!!! Then I thought, if they like both, why not combine the two. However, I don't have a tried and true chocolate mousse filling. I did make a chocolate filling this past weekend. Alone it is just okay, but when I mixed my left over raspberry filling with the left over chocolate filling and put it in a cupcake, it was amazing. But, that chocolate filling wasn't a chocolate mousse. It was more like a chocolate fudge.

So, I'm putting it to a vote. Which would you do? If you have a tried and true, die for chocolate mousse recipe, would you mind sharing?

Thanks in advance!

8 replies
lilacc01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilacc01 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 2:09pm
post #2 of 9

Can't you do half and half? If the choc+rasp was amazing, go for it! I know it is not a mousse, but was it that different?

realms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
realms Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 2:10pm
post #3 of 9

I know you said it is more of a fudge type of filling but if the flavor is amazing why not just fold it together with some whipped cream? It should give you the mouse cosistancy you are looking for with great taste to boot!

Lee9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lee9 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 2:11pm
post #4 of 9

My vote is for the amazing mixture you did with the chocolate filling and raspberry, it sounds wonderful. Call the customer and tell them your idea and see what they think.

Trixyinaz Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 2:13pm
post #5 of 9

I honestly can't remember what chocolate mousse is supposed to taste like icon_lol.gif It's just not something I usually make for myself or order when I'm out. Isn't is a fluffy consistency? The chocolate filling I made was thick and fudgy like.

Keep the votes coming. I appreciate it.

Trixyinaz Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 2:14pm
post #6 of 9

You guys are amazing. Who would have thought about folding in some whipped cream. Thanks!

And yes, I should just call the customer and tell her my idea. Thanks!

kakelady00009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakelady00009 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 2:50pm
post #7 of 9

I know I have had those indecisive people before!!! I have put half on one side, and half on the other! It was for a cream cheese fanatic and a raspberry fan!! They loved the idea. icon_lol.gif

Trixyinaz Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 3:14pm
post #8 of 9

Kakelady, that is brilliant. I shot off an email to her asking about combining the other two so I'll wait to see what she thinks. If she poo-poo's that idea, I'll do what you suggest. Thanks!

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 4:47am
post #9 of 9

Why not make a chocolate whipped ganache for your mousse and alternate the mousse and raspberry fillings?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%