Jw Allen Buttercream....where?

Decorating By ibteana Updated 10 Jun 2008 , 4:33am by JanH

ibteana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibteana Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 2:10am
post #1 of 3

Does anyone know where I can buy this brand of icing? I normally make my own icing but I have a request for this brand. Thanks a Million!

2 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 2:53am
post #2 of 3

J.W. Allen & Co. was absorbed by Rich's about 8 years ago. Rich's now makes Bettercreme (available at Gordon Food Service--GFS--if you have a store near you). I searched the web and found it listed at foodservicedirect.com as "Allen Colored buttercreme icings", too.

So, my conclusion is that it's a shelf stable whipped icing now known as Bettercreme



JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 4:33am
post #3 of 3

Agree with BlakesCakes. icon_smile.gif

Although it's made more confusing than necessary by titling it, Allen Colored Buttercreme, and then giving a description of Rich's Bettercreme....

Here's a link to Rich's icing/fillings/finishers...:


Looks like the same type of container, etc., and one of the descriptions is "pre-whipped icing in color."

Quote by @%username% on %date%