Marble Cake From A Box Mix?

Decorating By idali Updated 10 Jun 2008 , 12:39pm by aswartzw

idali Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idali Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 2:48am
post #1 of 7

Hello everyone, does any one have a good tasting recipe for a choc/vanilla marble cake made from a box cake mix? I would appreciate it if any body could share. Thanks in advance for your time! icon_biggrin.gif

IC

6 replies
LoriMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriMc Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 1:47am
post #2 of 7

This may be a stupid answer, but couldn't you just mix up a chocolate and vanilla cake mixes then swirl them together in the pan?

When I make a half chocolate, half vanilla cake, I love the part where they meet in the middle and you get a little of both!

waterlily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
waterlily Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 4:24am
post #3 of 7

That's what I do for my marble cake. I mix 2 vanilla with 1 chocolate mix to make a 11x15 sheet cake.

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 5:16am
post #4 of 7

I use Duncan Hines marble cake mix all the time!

KimAZ

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 7:15am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimAZ

I use Duncan Hines marble cake mix all the time!

KimAZ

Same here!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 12:21pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterlily

That's what I do for my marble cake. I mix 2 vanilla with 1 chocolate mix to make a 11x15 sheet cake.

This is what I do, except I only use one of each. I just put yellow in the pan first, then devils food and use a spoon or something to swirl them together. YUM

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 12:39pm
post #7 of 7

I would take a white cake mix and reserve 1/3 of the third and mix in chocolate syrup or melted chocolate and then swirl. Or you can just buy the marble cake mix that already has the chocolate syrup packet with it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%