Ideas For "most Colourful Cake" Contest

Decorating By jordanharriet Updated 10 Jun 2008 , 4:08pm by rmbias1

jordanharriet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jordanharriet Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 2:36am
post #1 of 9

Hi there

I was wondering if anyone could send me some ideas for my son to do a cake for his school Fun Fair. He wants to enter the "Most Colourful Cake" category and I do not have any ideas. We already did a basic rainbow cake last year.
Thanks

8 replies
ac2steachk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ac2steachk Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 4:00am
post #2 of 9

By basic rainbow, I'm guessing you mean a rainbow piped on the top?

When you said most colorful, I immediately thought of this.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1196657

You could do color bursts/fireworks on the outside if you didn't want to do rainbows. Or tie-dye would look good.

bwonderful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bwonderful Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 4:19am
post #3 of 9

You could make rock candy for him in several very colorful shades and then break it into pieces and let him put it on the cake to make a mosaic. It's would be bright and shiny. Let him draw out a design beforehand that he would like make on the cake. HTH

debrab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debrab Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 4:20am
post #4 of 9

I don't remember who did it and it is not saved in my favorites, but there was a really cool looking mosaic cake that someone had posted. He could ice a cake smooth and put all colors of fondant tiles on it.

Good luck! It sounds like it will be a lot of fun!

cuteums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cuteums Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 4:27am
post #5 of 9

i think I saw it on here. Someone did a cake where when they cut into it you could see all of the brightly colored cake layers. they colored their cake batter and layered it into the pans. It looked really cool. I have also seen a box of crayola crayons done for a cake. You could do an artists pallette with all of the colors.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=492433

cakesbybert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbybert Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 4:27am
post #6 of 9

School Fun Fair - first thought that came to my mind was crayon colors. For a simple idea - make a sheet cake to use as piece of paper - make crayons out of fondat then have a colored picture on your "paper" - a wild picture drew by a kid with all sorts of colors. Could put all different color of crayons around the side of the cake - sort of like a picket fence. Could be fun to try. The idea for the different colors of cake in the inside like ac2steachk suggested would be a great affect. But will they cut the cake before judging???

cakesbybert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbybert Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 4:33am
post #7 of 9

School Fun Fair - first thought that came to my mind was crayon colors. For a simple idea - make a sheet cake to use as piece of paper - make crayons out of fondat then have a colored picture on your "paper" - a wild picture drew by a kid with all sorts of colors. Could put all different color of crayons around the side of the cake - sort of like a picket fence. Could be fun to try. The idea for the different colors of cake in the inside like ac2steachk suggested would be a great affect. But will they cut the cake before judging???

cuteums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cuteums Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 1:47pm
post #8 of 9

ac2steachk posted the link of the first cake I was thinking of with the rainbow layers. I didn't have it saved and couldn't find it.

rmbias1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rmbias1 Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 4:08pm
post #9 of 9

What about making the cake look tye-dyed? You could make the cake layered in different colors like ac2steachk posted. I attempted a tye dye cake in buttercream because my airbrush isn't working right and it turned out ok. I also like littlegrahamcracker's idea as well.
Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%