Urgent Help Please!!

Decorating By CreativeCakery Updated 7 Jun 2008 , 5:09am by mandm78

CreativeCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeCakery Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 1:18am
post #1 of 7

Cake due for tomorrow, after 9pm and I need to start baking!! (long story on why so late). Anyway, I am making an 11x15 sheet that needs to be 1/2 white and 1/2 chocolate, not marbled. how to do? Can I somehow pour the batter in opposite sides at the same time or what? Can 1 person do this? I am really in a panic now. Thought I had a handle on it! icon_redface.gif

6 replies
phoufer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
phoufer Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 4:16am
post #2 of 7

HI

I had an order exactly the same. I just baked on sheet cake chocolate and one white, then cut them in half and stacked the chocolate on top of the chocolate etc. I used icing to glue them together. It worked great and everyone loved the cake. Hope this helps

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 4:16am
post #3 of 7

You could put a piece of wax paper, parchment paper or aluminum foil in the middle. Fill each side at the same time. When both flavors are in the pan you could pull the paper from the middle. Then you will have chocolate and vanilla.
Good luck

MaisieBake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaisieBake Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 4:28am
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Quote:

You could put a piece of wax paper, parchment paper or aluminum foil in the middle. Fill each side at the same time. When both flavors are in the pan you could pull the paper from the middle. Then you will have chocolate and vanilla.

If time is not an issue it might be better to bake separately and combine once baked. Baking time will be a bit different for the two different kinds of cake.

ccwkg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccwkg Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 4:35am
post #5 of 7

I have done this many times just by pouring both batters at the same time. So many people have told me how much they love the piece in the middle!! The best of both worlds. Hope it turned out well for you!

Dee1219 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dee1219 Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 4:59am
post #6 of 7

Funny you ask this I am doing this exact cake size and all at this moment. I poured the two batters in at the same time. However, I noticed when I take them out they are sort of splitting where the two meet in the center. Weird!! So I am not sure what to do at this moment. I wrapped them in saran wrap and am hoping when they cool in the fridge they meld together.
Hmmmmm......

mandm78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandm78 Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 5:09am
post #7 of 7

I do this quite often with no trouble. At first I had my husband help me 'cause I wasn't confident that I could do it by myself. But after a while, I got the hang of it and just poured them in....sometimes at the same time or usually the choc. first since it seems to be thicker and gives me more time, then the vanilla. Make sure to start in the middle if pouring at the same time. Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%