Cookie Delivery/date Predicament

Baking By chqtpi Updated 30 May 2008 , 4:04am by leily

chqtpi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chqtpi Posted 30 May 2008 , 12:02am
post #1 of 6

Ok..I have a predicament....

I have a customer who has ordered 250 wedding favors for Sat June 21.

The wedding is 4 hours away and when we discussed delivery in January she was going to have her brother pick them up on Friday. No problem.

She emailed me this morning and asked if it would be possible to have her brother pick them up on Wednesday instead of Friday. My problem with that is...to bake, decorate, dry and package 250 cookies, I'm going to have to start monday for a wednesday delivery....and im not quite sure the freshness is going to be intact by Saturday..

so..are the cookies going to be ok for wednesday delivery? or should i see if she can make other arrangements and have them picked up on Friday?

(ive test-drove the freshness before and they were still edible...but i'd like to know what everyone else thinks...thanks icon_smile.gif

5 replies
yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 30 May 2008 , 1:42am
post #2 of 6

I don't think 2 days is going to make that much of a difference. They will be fine! icon_biggrin.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 30 May 2008 , 3:47am
post #3 of 6

First.. if delivery dates and pick ups dont' work what about shipping them?

As for freshness, if they are sugar cookies you should not have any problems. Are they individually bagged?

leily Posted 30 May 2008 , 3:48am
post #4 of 6

First.. if delivery dates and pick ups dont' work what about shipping them?

As for freshness, if they are sugar cookies you should not have any problems. Are they individually bagged?

chqtpi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chqtpi Posted 30 May 2008 , 3:53am
post #5 of 6

i'm sorry i forgot to mention that! they will be individually bagged and i plan on packaging them as soon as they are dry icon_smile.gif thanks for everyones quick responses!

leily Posted 30 May 2008 , 4:04am
post #6 of 6

Individually bagged I wouldn't be worried at all. From the time I bake to the time they leave my kitchen is usually 3-4 days depending on amount of decoration.

Once individually bagged I have had them sit another 3-4 days and everyone still loves them. (granted in my own place they usually don't even make it to the bags)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%