I Just Watched The Bridezilla Show!!!!!

Decorating By Melan Updated 31 May 2008 , 6:54pm by 7yyrt

Melan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melan Posted 29 May 2008 , 3:51pm
post #1 of 14

Ha Ha Ha! I never watched this before but found it on Comcast's On Demand lol! I just watched an episode featuring 2 brides, but what caught my eye was one bride was making like 38 cakes for her centerpieces and she said, and I quote "I didn't know making cake could be this hard" DUH! She enlist the help of her bridal party -one is her sister and just gave birth(the bride visits her in the hospital and the talk is all about how she(the sis) needs to get on the treadmill so she'll fit in the dress and then she needs to get her priorities straight and focus on the cakes.... GEEZ!!!!!

Does anyone else watch this show?!

13 replies
Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 29 May 2008 , 4:15pm
post #2 of 14

Yeah, I do. icon_redface.gif It's one of my guilty pleasures.

AuntieElle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntieElle Posted 29 May 2008 , 4:17pm
post #3 of 14

I don't watch it anymore because it makes me want to slap my TV, really hard. Ungrateful, hateful and just plain mean heiffers. I'm sure some of them puff up a little more for the camera, that's what makes them Bridezillas.

It's amazing the amount of people who have no idea as to the work that goes in to our cakes. I have em' hit up the supermarket if they get too lippy with me. icon_biggrin.gif

Elle

MeMo07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MeMo07 Posted 29 May 2008 , 4:52pm
post #4 of 14

I love it when I catch that show on....mostly because I sit there in shock going...

"I can't believe she just did/said that."

LOL

Of course, this is coming from the bride who made her music playlist that morning sitting in her car (By herself) eating Burger King waiting to get her makeup done icon_wink.gif

Amia Posted 29 May 2008 , 5:11pm
post #5 of 14

The shock factor is why I end up watching lots of shows I have no real interest in (like Flavor of Love icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif ).

Melan - is the BZ you're referring to the one who insisted her sister be induced a week early so she could bake the cakes for the wedding?

Melan Posted 29 May 2008 , 5:12pm
post #6 of 14

I just finished watching the second episode w/ the bride making her own 38 cakes... she just said "You should not make your own wedding cakes"

Well, DUH! Especially if you are not a baker to begin with -and have an alcahol problem like she does!

azureblu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
azureblu Posted 29 May 2008 , 6:14pm
post #7 of 14

I am with Elle on this. When I first saw this show I could not belive it was a REAL show. Cause I have never had a bride act like that... But it is a funny show...

AuntieElle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntieElle Posted 29 May 2008 , 7:40pm
post #8 of 14

I especially LOVED the one where the young woman is popping Valium and Vicodin like it's going out of style and driving. She was the biggest heiffer I have ever seen! She was RUDE!!!!! People think that crap is cute when in reality, it makes them look ignorant and lacking in class.

The show makes my blood boil! I have been banned!

Elle

Amia Posted 29 May 2008 , 7:49pm
post #9 of 14

I've noticed that most of the BZ's seem to be on the hefty side (and wear strapless gowns, no less!). The show wouldn't work with classy people, because people with class would never act the way these BZ's do.

I think my favorite was the one who deemed herself the "Queen" and her bridesmaids were her royal "court." She even made up little handbooks for them. It was ridiculous. She was the most self-absorbed person I've ever seen.

There was also one, where the daughter was such a tapedshut.gif, that the groom didn't even show. He and the bride ended up eloping, much to the daughter's chagrin.

I'm actually watching the show right now...I make my FI watch it, so he can't EVER say I'm unreasonable! icon_twisted.gif

CambriasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CambriasCakes Posted 29 May 2008 , 8:27pm
post #10 of 14

I actually saw the episode you're talking about....the whole wedding party was in the kitchen trying to make all these cakes from scratch, like 2 days before the wedding if I remember correctly!! And they were all LIT!!!!!!!! Crazy broads.....that's for sure!

sisspence Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sisspence Posted 29 May 2008 , 11:56pm
post #11 of 14

I watch it all the time. Well mostly dvr them and watch them on my days off. I FF to the cakes usually. I also watch Rich Bride, Poor Bride and Plantinum Brides. Both of these are a bit more classy. The 2 I watched the other day featured Sylvia Weinstock cakes. She was present for the cake cutting on both to assist the couple. One of the cakes was a present to the couple from her. If I'm not mistaken it was like a $5,000.00 cake. Must be nice...

Melan Posted 30 May 2008 , 3:52pm
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sisspence

I watch it all the time. Well mostly dvr them and watch them on my days off. I FF to the cakes usually. I also watch Rich Bride, Poor Bride and Plantinum Brides. Both of these are a bit more classy. The 2 I watched the other day featured Sylvia Weinstock cakes. She was present for the cake cutting on both to assist the couple. One of the cakes was a present to the couple from her. If I'm not mistaken it was like a $5,000.00 cake. Must be nice...

I just found Platinum Brides and watched an episode off of On Demand! Wow, extravagant! And the bride was so much better behaved than on Bridezilla! I guess $$ can buy you manners... or at least a decent wedding planner who does their job to the best ability!

What is Poor Bride and Rich bride? I haven't seen that/those shows and they are not ON Demand.

sisspence Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sisspence Posted 31 May 2008 , 12:01am
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisspence

I just found Platinum Brides and watched an episode off of On Demand! Wow, extravagant! And the bride was so much better behaved than on Bridezilla! I guess $$ can buy you manners... or at least a decent wedding planner who does their job to the best ability!

What is Poor Bride and Rich bride? I haven't seen that/those shows and they are not ON Demand.

RBPB has a secret budget in a envelope that they give to a wedding planner. Then the planner attempts to cater to their every need and want pertaining to the wedding without going over the budget.
They don't tell us the budget until the end of the show, then they tell how much over or under they were of their budget.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 31 May 2008 , 6:54pm
post #14 of 14

I loved the part where the Bridezilla (that made the 38 cakes) dropped one of her precious cakes getting out of the car!!!

Oh dear, I'm mean... :blush:

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%