Decorating By flayvurdfun Updated 7 Oct 2013 , 4:13am by anabel guzman

brownsugarcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brownsugarcakes Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 6:40pm
post #61 of 142

Nice, I hate cleaning bags. This is great. Thanks for sharing. thumbs_up.gif

luv2cook721 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2cook721 Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 5:19am
post #62 of 142

Cool, I learned the same thing on You Tube and I love it. It makes clean-up a breeze and parchment bags don't burst open on me.

nanny6sap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanny6sap Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 5:03pm
post #63 of 142

thumbs_up.gif Two tips I have never heard of but LOVE. This will be such a time safer in not having to prepare so many bags and the measuring cup idea fantastic!!! Thank you.

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 5:59pm
post #64 of 142

Can you double them in other words can you put two in one bag like doing a stripe effect??

asimpson2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
asimpson2 Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 4:28am
post #65 of 142

I was wondering the same thing, it would be great if you could.

asimpson2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
asimpson2 Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 4:33am
post #66 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandm78

I swear by this method and have been doing it this way for years!!! I will make up at least 3 - 4 of these buttercream inserts to have ready when I'm ready to decorate. I'll even do them in different colors. I keep them totally sealed and I will place them inside a tupperware container or food storage bag and just clip off one end with scissors and drop it in the bag. Then when i've used all the icing up I just pull out the bag by the other end and voila.....toss it away and insert another bag. I've even made small inserts of different colors and dropped them side by side in the same pastry bag to achieve a two toned effect. I make sure to make the inserts the size of my hand, no bigger, so its not so much to have to squeeze. Since I've made lots of inserts I can just drop another one in and keep going. I've even had my family help to make the inserts, especially the white buttercream ones, while I'm busy baking/crumbcoating my cakes. Its a time saver for me.

It looks like you can put more than one in the bag, this is great!!!!

MLopardi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MLopardi Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 8:17am
post #67 of 142

Thanks for posting the pictures. I can't wait to try this!

Cakes_By_Bright Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakes_By_Bright Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 12:59pm
post #68 of 142

I found this thread last night.

Will you marry me? icon_wink.gif

I tried it this morning...I made an oopsie with the forsting but it was easy to get it out and fix it without having to clean the bag. I'm gonna def try that striping too!! icon_biggrin.gif

lizamlin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizamlin Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 1:04pm
post #69 of 142

a w e s o m e ! ! !

crumbcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbcake Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 2:24am
post #70 of 142

Now I'll know how to do this, thanks to you and the pictures. I always make a mess.

swe3ts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swe3ts Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 4:10am
post #71 of 142

Oh boy i'm so excited have to try this soon. I have always hated cleaning up all those bags or the tons of parchment bags you have to make. Thank you so much for these hints thats why I love CC so much everybody is always so helpfull.

funtomake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funtomake Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 4:35am
post #72 of 142

wow! i am so excited to try this. i'm all for less clean-up. now has anyone ever tried this technique with press n seal? would it be too sticky to come through? blessings to all.

Pretzlchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pretzlchip Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 4:50am
post #73 of 142

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I waste at least an hour cleaning out my bags throughout the decorating process.

txsteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txsteph Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 4:54am
post #74 of 142

Thanks for the tips, As far as the press & seal funtomake mentioned .. I would think it might totally seal off the icing and not allow it to come through. More like a sealed bag, rather than open on the end. I can't wait to try this.

queenie1958 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
queenie1958 Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 11:54pm
post #75 of 142

Two new methods, awesome! I hate all the clean up and making more than one color in bag with less hassle. I love this site.
Thanks everyone

Peanut1027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peanut1027 Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 11:12pm
post #76 of 142

Wow!! That is a great! Thank you for taking the time to show us! I can't wait to try itthumbs_up.gif

Sara-belle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sara-belle Posted 21 May 2009 , 3:14am
post #77 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by raquel1

Saw this tip a couple of weeks ago and it came just in time for some NFSC w/RI. I was able to just change plugs and use as many colors as I wanted with just one bag and no-hassle "loading" Just the best ever, along with lining you measuring cup w/plastic wrap before putting the shortening in it and then just pulling it out with no cleaning! I love this site! icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for that little add on about the shortening measuring cup trick! I totally never would've thought of that, such a good idea, I hate trying to scrape all the shortening out and then cleaning up the greasy mess! I bet that would work wonders with peanut butter too... I love making peanut butter pie too. Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

yazzie82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yazzie82 Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 10:09pm
post #78 of 142

I just finished trying out this method. Wow it works great. I always hated cleaning the bags. Love this icon_biggrin.gif

funcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funcakes Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 10:34pm
post #79 of 142

I have been using this method since Newlywed posted it in a thread about the best tip from their instructor. It was great for me, but when I offered a cupcake decorating club for 4th graders at school it was a lifesaver. More than 24 kids were accepted before we said "no more!" One of my friends helped me. We did cupcakes from Hello Cupcake and things ran smooth as glass because I had all the plugs made in advance. Think of 24 kids with several different colors. And yes, this is when you need to knot the end of the plastic, because they can not remember to squeeze from the top.
I also do decorating with my friends little ones, yeah 8 or 9 little guys under seven years old, most of them 3. I just make the plugs tie the plastic, use disposal decorating bags and seal the top of the decorating bag with one of those freezer sealer things. Haven't had an icing explosion yet!
I love decorating, but no one has more fun with it than a 3 year old. If you don't have one of your own-borrow one, unabashed fun, they are just so free and creative!

ncox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncox Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 12:02am
post #80 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by funcakes

I also do decorating with my friends little ones, yeah 8 or 9 little guys under seven years old, most of them 3. I just make the plugs tie the plastic, use disposal decorating bags and seal the top of the decorating bag with one of those freezer sealer things. Haven't had an icing explosion yet!

I love decorating, but no one has more fun with it than a 3 year old. If you don't have one of your own-borrow one, unabashed fun, they are just so free and creative!

I love that you decorate with 3 year olds! My son is 3 and is so interested in what I do with cakes. You have inspired me to have some learning sessions with him soon. thanks!

cookinmama87410 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookinmama87410 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 9:35pm
post #81 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by raquel1

Saw this tip a couple of weeks ago and it came just in time for some NFSC w/RI. I was able to just change plugs and use as many colors as I wanted with just one bag and no-hassle "loading" Just the best ever, along with lining you measuring cup w/plastic wrap before putting the shortening in it and then just pulling it out with no cleaning! I love this site! icon_biggrin.gif

You can also spray your measuring cup with pam before you use shorting and it workds especially good on measuring karo syrup. The stuff just slides right on out of there.

Debbie56 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbie56 Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 1:06pm
post #82 of 142

I read where a cup of Crisco weighs 6 ounces so now rather than using a measuring cup at all, I use a little food scale and weigh it out. No fuss and no mess! icon_biggrin.gif

FACSlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FACSlady Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 11:07pm
post #83 of 142

Oh my gosh, I'm so pleased to know that a cup of Crisco weighs 6 ounces. I'm, so sick of measuring out 6 cups at a time. Next time I'll just put my bowl on the scale and dump it all in. Thank you so much!

LillyLou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LillyLou Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 5:58am
post #84 of 142

Thanks for the tip, Debbie56. I tried several times to see what an average weight of Crisco was and never succeeded. I'd rather weigh than do all the scooping and whatever. Great tip!

doitallmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doitallmom Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 12:04am
post #85 of 142

Cleaning bags is always the worst!!! Thanks for the photos.

cakesbykerri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbykerri Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 11:34pm
post #86 of 142

Genius! This is a great tip!!!! Also, I don't have a scale, but I like the tip to use plastic wrap inside the measuring cup or spraying w/cooking spray.

what a great site!!! icon_smile.gif

caseyleann87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caseyleann87 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 11:21pm
post #87 of 142

these pics are very helpful in explaining.. so does the pastry bag stay clean?

caseyleann87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caseyleann87 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 11:22pm
post #88 of 142

these pics are very helpful in explaining.. so does the pastry bag stay clean?

alwaysbridal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alwaysbridal Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 3:13pm
post #89 of 142

Awsome! so using this method, what a time saver icon_wink.gif

SugarMa79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarMa79 Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 2:09am
post #90 of 142

Thank you so very much for your tip & pictures!! Greatly appreciated!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%