? About A Location

Business By hopesmith Updated 25 May 2008 , 7:26pm by mkolmar

hopesmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hopesmith Posted 25 May 2008 , 1:21am
post #1 of 3

From what I understand, In Georgia, to be legal you have to have a seperate kitchen with a seperate entrance. My uncle converted his shop into a small apartment for his mother-in-law. Its basically three rooms. A bedroom, kitchen/living room area and a bathroom. She passed away about a year ago and its been vacant since then. He knows that I've been wanting to get a business going (all I've done so far is make cakes for family) and has offered for me to use the shop/apartment. He would put in a grease trap and 3 compartment sink for me. Do you think this would be something the health department would approve of?


2 replies
tippyad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tippyad Posted 25 May 2008 , 2:30am
post #2 of 3

I'm not sure about GA rules and regulations, but why not just call them and ask what you'd need to do to make a legal/health regulated business? I actually called my health dept the other day and they were very helpful. Just tell them your thinking of starting a business and would like to know what steps/procedures you'd need to follow to be in good standing w/ them.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 25 May 2008 , 7:26pm
post #3 of 3

Call and ask your HD. It may be ok or you may need to convert some things so it is alright. Such as bedroom will be a storage room now and so on.

Quote by @%username% on %date%