Accents On Fondant

Decorating By cowspot_me Updated 23 May 2008 , 2:39pm by Jayde

cowspot_me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cowspot_me Posted 23 May 2008 , 12:05pm
post #1 of 4

Question - Do you use buttercream or royal icing accents (scrolls, swags, etc.) and why?

3 replies
luelue1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luelue1971 Posted 23 May 2008 , 12:11pm
post #2 of 4

Either, usually buttercream because that's generally what I have made up and I hate making RI.

courtney1009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
courtney1009 Posted 23 May 2008 , 12:15pm
post #3 of 4

I agree. I hate royal icing. I always use buttercream or fondant accents. No need to go through all the trouble of making royal.

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 23 May 2008 , 2:39pm
post #4 of 4

I use fondant or GP. That is just the medium that I prefer working with. I fell in love with the cakes that they did on the Food Network in the Challenges. I decided then that, those were the kind of cakes that I wanted to make.

I work with BC and RI occasionally (I am also teaching myself how to do CT's), but not as much as fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%