Way Off Topic

Lounge By Amanda518 Updated 24 May 2008 , 2:12pm by mbelgard

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 24 May 2008 , 1:54pm
post #31 of 32

Barabara-ann is right about skipping grades...Especially with boys, when they get to high school it's better if they've stayed a the right grade level, since boys mature slower anyway. Imagine a 15 year old boy hanging out with 16 and 17 year olds whose interests are just a little bit more "advanced"...Not good. I'd argue that boys don't mature mentally until they're about 45, but that's another story! icon_wink.gif

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 24 May 2008 , 2:12pm
post #32 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

. I'd argue that boys don't mature mentally until they're about 45, but that's another story! icon_wink.gif

I think you're wrong about that, my FIL is 60 and still makes engine noises while he drives his tractor. icon_lol.gif

I think the whole grade skipping thing is full of issues. If you keep them behind they're bored, if you skip them they might struggle in some subjects that they aren't so good at, maturity is an issue at times. Then for the very fast learners going up a grade will only help for a while at least in their good subjects. My son is a good example of that, in kindergarten going to first grade for reading was a solution but by first grade the second grade stuff was too easy. I was also pushed into college by my parents at 16 and it wasn't a good expereince for me. It wasn't the work, I was tutoring college math that year, but the pressure got to me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%