Ugly Cookie Order Help

Baking By Afterezra Updated 26 May 2008 , 9:34am by dragonflydreams

Afterezra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Afterezra Posted 21 May 2008 , 4:43pm
post #1 of 6

I have and order for cat cookies. The cat is full bodied and laying down. She wants them to have the starburst/sunburst pattern (she called it tye dyed) on all of them. icon_eek.gif

She wants me to pick out what I think will use best color-wise. Any ideas on how to "cute them up" ?

Thanks in advance,
Tara

5 replies
dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 21 May 2008 , 5:14pm
post #2 of 6

. . . if I was doing these, I think I would try to fashion them after these cookies by bobwonderbuns' . . .

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=995143

. . . and then I would make a big cheezy cheshire cat grin on them . . .

ImageImageImage

sgirvan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgirvan Posted 21 May 2008 , 8:06pm
post #3 of 6

I would use the pattern and apply it to look like fur. You can then use it all over the body and ears but leave the head/face so that you can do the facial features. Good colors would be black/orange, grey/light orange, black/white, brown/light orange, black and small amounts of purple and pink
Just make it look like fur, Ice them the base color then place a small drop of the accent colors and use a toothpick to draw the lines.

Good luck

pipercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipercakes Posted 24 May 2008 , 6:37pm
post #4 of 6

I would assume the starburst pattern she is referring to is a tabby cat. I would just use photos of actual cats as inspiration for colors and lines, and you can cute them up with a nice happy smile or a bow around their tale or something. I hope this helps!

Afterezra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Afterezra Posted 26 May 2008 , 12:09am
post #5 of 6

Thanks for the great advise. I had done some flowers with starbursts that she liked. She didn't care that they wouldn't really look like cats.

I ended up going with the cheshire cat idea. I made them the same colors of Disney's Cheshire. I did all sorts of different patterns and then cat faces with big smiles. I thought they looked kinda dumb, but my customer loved them so I guess that's all that matters. icon_lol.gif

Thanks again for the great advise!
Tara

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 26 May 2008 , 9:34am
post #6 of 6

. . . did you get any pictures to post here . . . we would love to see your finished product (and yes, the customer is alway right icon_biggrin.gif ) . . .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%