So Sick Of Running Out Of Meringue Powder

Business By ANicole Updated 26 May 2008 , 12:47am by leily

bessbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bessbakes Posted 21 May 2008 , 3:16pm
post #31 of 38

I use mp in my icing recipe every single time. I use a recipe that cannot be made without it. I had been buying Wilton at Joann's or wherever I had a coupon. Now that I am going through 3-4 large cans a week, it was getting too expensive. After some research, which included National Products, I found that GFS can actually special order it for me. National's price was about $5.49 per pound, and GFS' came out to about $2.22 per pound. Of course, I had to buy it in a 25# bag, but hopefully that will get me through wedding season!

HTH

sweetiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetiemama Posted 21 May 2008 , 5:14pm
post #32 of 38

Glad to see this post because I have been thinking the same thing, as I just did my first royal iced cookies a couple weeks ago. It is very pricey! I would gladly get it from G.F.S in bulk just to pay a reasonable price!

Amber-thanks for sharing your recipe.

ANicole Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ANicole Posted 21 May 2008 , 7:57pm
post #33 of 38

Bessbakes, I'm going to check my GFS today to see if they'll do that for me. I'm so excited!!!

THANKS!!!

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 21 May 2008 , 8:15pm
post #34 of 38

Deleted

sugaah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugaah Posted 21 May 2008 , 8:17pm
post #35 of 38

I have forgotten the mp several times and have not noticed a difference in the icing. I looked for something to happen but nothing.......It's ok to go without it!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 22 May 2008 , 1:37am
post #36 of 38

I, too use a meringue powder based icing. it is a major component. I buy the meringue powder in 15# cases from CK Products.

ANicole Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ANicole Posted 25 May 2008 , 11:01pm
post #37 of 38

Bessbakes, I am so grateful for the GFS suggestion. Leahs, I will check out that place too. I was paying .77/oz at the cake decorating store. She said the price was going to go up very soon, so I should buy as much as I could now. I thought - this sux, I gotta find it somewhere else. GFS ordered it for me for .13/oz!!! I did a happy dance right there in the store!

Amber

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 26 May 2008 , 12:47am
post #38 of 38

I don't have a GFS in my area but I have other restaurant supply stores and I can buy in 2lb pkgs up to 15lb pkgs. They sell it in the pie area as meringue for pies. But it is still meringue powder.

I go through a lot for cookie orders and was getting tired of the small wilton can's also so I started at the restaurant supply store, I get a lot more for a lot less.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%