Help...found Kitchen To What?!

Decorating By kdehtan Updated 20 May 2008 , 9:44pm by mconrey

kdehtan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdehtan Posted 20 May 2008 , 9:03pm
post #1 of 3

Okay, I found a kitchen to rent so that I can become a "legal" business!!

Now what do I need to do??? The kitchen meets Texas Health and Inspection Codes because it is used from 10am-2pm M-F as a Sandwich shop. We are smoothing out the details, but I should be able to use the shop ANYTIME it is not open (which includes weekends).

Do I need to do anything besides come up with a business name, get my business name registered, and get a tax ID number? Do I have to contact the Health Dept. or anything?

PLEASE help!!!

2 replies
cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 20 May 2008 , 9:20pm
post #2 of 3

You'll need insurance, business/professional liability, if you deliver you might want to change you car registration over to commercial vehical and you can get a tax deduction on it, plus you'll need a different type of car insurance to cover your business if you get into an accident.

mconrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mconrey Posted 20 May 2008 , 9:44pm
post #3 of 3

You may want to check with your health department. There may be some sort of "safe food handling" course or certification you need to get.

Quote by @%username% on %date%