Cuisinart 7-Qt. Stand Mixer - On Sale

Decorating By kimmyboo925 Updated 23 May 2008 , 12:49am by kimmyboo925

kimmyboo925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmyboo925 Posted 17 May 2008 , 12:59pm
post #1 of 37

So I have a 30% off coupon for Kohls plus they are having a sale... its originally 499.99 on sale for424.99 plus i have a 30% off coupon and its free shipping..... Does anyone have this.. and its it wonderful????? I have my little KA and its good but i think a bit too small... would be good for a back up. Is this huge on your counter if you have one? Hard to pass up with a savings of over 200.00. PM me for coupon code if you want.....

36 replies
terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 17 May 2008 , 1:09pm
post #2 of 37

I have it, got it at Linens & Things for $314.00 for the 7 qt about a month or so ago (the silver one was on sale for $399 with the 20% off and free shipping). I was able to do the Swiss Meringue Buttercream for the first time with it. I love it. I had a small 300 w kitchen aid my husband gave me for our first anniversary 7 years ago (I asked for it) and never was able to make it. It is big and will take up more than the kitchen aid did as far as space goes. But I have been really happy with it.

bellsnbows Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellsnbows Posted 17 May 2008 , 1:10pm
post #3 of 37

I would love to know what everyone thinks too!! I would love to have a bigger mixer! I'll be sending you a pm! Thanks for sharing!

ATCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ATCakes Posted 17 May 2008 , 2:29pm
post #4 of 37

I have the 6 quart and I love it. Everything about it is great--runs smoother and can handle heavier jobs. I got mine at Bed Bath & Beyond 2 years ago with a 20% off coupon. It was $369 and I got it for less than 300. I would definitely go for it, but read the fine print on the coupon first:
sometimes certain manufacturers or items already on sale are not covered on the coupon. It is terrible to go there and find out you won't be able to use the coupon.

nattyk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nattyk Posted 17 May 2008 , 3:18pm
post #5 of 37

I've been looking at it on this website, free shipping, some freebies too. Haven't convinced myself to pay that much since I only have had my KA for about 3 yrs.

http://www.cutleryandmore.com/details.asp?SKU=12948

ATCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ATCakes Posted 17 May 2008 , 3:22pm
post #6 of 37
Quote:
Quote:

If you are planning on doing a lot of heavy mixing, I would go for it and call it an early Christmas present. I have two KA mixers and have used them both at the same time.

sassycleo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sassycleo Posted 17 May 2008 , 3:46pm
post #7 of 37

I love mine, if you get me started I would go on and on about it. It can make a 7qt batch of Sugar Shack's icing no problem. The timer on it is awesome, take a lot of the guess work out of the equation. Space wise really doesn't take up a whole lot of room.

It's definitely worth the investment. I use mine probably every other day or so and it's been running strong since Sept.

Mizuki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mizuki Posted 17 May 2008 , 4:22pm
post #8 of 37

I have the 5.5 qt and I LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!!! I bounced back and forth about getting a Cuisinart or replacing my KA. I'm so glad I took the chance, it's well worth the money!! thumbs_up.gif

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 17 May 2008 , 4:29pm
post #9 of 37

I have both!! Yes, I'm spoiled! I put the smaller one away years ago for one of my kids someday. I use the large one for so many years I can't remember anymore. Wouldn't trade it for the world...even for the smaller one. Yes, I keep it on the counter. If you put it away you'll never use it. I have the Hobart one though not the ones being made now. Never had a problem. I LOVE it!!!!!!

kimmyboo925 Posted 17 May 2008 , 4:37pm
post #10 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by nattyk

I've been looking at it on this website, free shipping, some freebies too. Haven't convinced myself to pay that much since I only have had my KA for about 3 yrs.

http://www.cutleryandmore.com/details.asp?SKU=12948

Wonderful video....thank you...

kimmyboo925 Posted 17 May 2008 , 5:29pm
post #11 of 37

Just ordered it.. only 296.00 what a savings.... and just thinking of how much time ill save is even better... Ill use my kitchen Aid for small cooking and baking.. icon_biggrin.gif

mayamia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mayamia Posted 17 May 2008 , 8:39pm
post #12 of 37

hey kimmyboo928 can you please pass me that code, you got an awesome deal, I have been looking at this puppy for a while, and would love to get my hands on this great offer I would truly appreciated thank you icon_smile.gif

Karabear1125 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karabear1125 Posted 17 May 2008 , 8:55pm
post #13 of 37

YAY Thank you Kimmy! I just ordered mine, they only had black and white available so I got the black, which is ok! Total came to: $252.87 because I ended up finding another 15% off code that stacks with the 30% off code. Now for that price I can justify it considering I have a kitchen aid with nothing wrong with it lol but change is good!

I dunno if I can post them here or not? If not mods, please remove or let me know but to make it easier for everyone they are :

EXTRA15 and MAYSAVE30.

nattyk Posted 17 May 2008 , 9:16pm
post #14 of 37

Was this on the Kohls website? Our closest Kohls is 100 miles away.

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 17 May 2008 , 9:18pm
post #15 of 37

Just out of curiosity, I plugged in the codes on the order form page and the 15% coupon expired and the other one is not working.
Just to let anyone know.

Karabear1125 Posted 17 May 2008 , 9:30pm
post #16 of 37

Yes it's online you have to use your Kohl's charge to take advantage of the coupon codes. They should still work - I just ordered mine not even half hour ago, make sure you're applying the codes one at a time.

nattyk Posted 17 May 2008 , 10:03pm
post #17 of 37

Thanks Karabear1125, don't have a Kohl's charge card so guess I'm out. Don't think I've ever been to a Kohl's.

kimmyboo925 Posted 17 May 2008 , 11:26pm
post #18 of 37

so i called to see if they can add the 15% off more coupon and they told me no. That its impossible to even do that since shipping is one coupon and then the 30% is another. I tried to explain that the shipping isnt a coupon.. they didnt understand.. Long story short... I am getting another mixer... and Ill have to return the first one to the store. Thanks so much.. it was and additional almost 45 bucks off... wonderful.. i got that mixer for 45%off... better get ordering ladies.. !!!!!!

Karabear1125 Posted 18 May 2008 , 12:43am
post #19 of 37

I'm glad you got that extra 15% off Kimmy! I woulda done the same too. I was checking out the Kitchen Aid Mixers on their site with this deal and those are smoking HOT too with the coupons; anyone looking for a mixer better jump on this quick!

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 18 May 2008 , 1:06am
post #20 of 37

karabear1125, when do the coupons expire? I don't have a Kohl's charge either but my sister does and I'm gonna try to track her down. I must have that mixer... no more splashed sugar everywhere icon_smile.gif

Karabear1125 Posted 18 May 2008 , 11:21am
post #21 of 37

Hi Twooten, I didn't have a Kohl's charge either but I applied for one on their website and I actually got approved and they give you your number right away - you might want to try that if you can't get ahold of your sister! But anyways on the Kohl's website it says you can use the coupons until May 20th.

kimmyboo925 Posted 18 May 2008 , 10:20pm
post #22 of 37

I am glad i posted the sale.. happy cake baking everyone... anything to make life easier!... better mixer.. better cakes, icing and everything else. They are running out of these mixers one by one.. lol...

JennaB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennaB Posted 18 May 2008 , 10:57pm
post #23 of 37

Thanks for the coupon codes. I applied for credit on line, was approved and placed my order. sure wish I had it a few days ago. Just completed 3 cake orders for the weekend late last night, would have been such a time saver.

Luby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luby Posted 18 May 2008 , 10:59pm
post #24 of 37

Hey Kimmy,

I just wanted to thank you for posting those two promo codes. I just ordered mine from the website and the grand total with tax is only $273.10. I can't believe I got it for this price - WOOHOO!!!!!!!!

I do have a 5 qt KA but it's only 325 watts and the Cuisinart is 1000 watts with a 7 qt bowl - I"m thinking double batches of Butterceam instead of one a a time. I had been looking at the Cuisinart, but couldn't justify spending $500.00 when I have a perfectly good KA (albeit going on 20 years old). I can't wait for it come in.

Thanks again thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

kimmyboo925 Posted 19 May 2008 , 11:09am
post #25 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luby

Hey Kimmy,

I just wanted to thank you for posting those two promo codes. I just ordered mine from the website and the grand total with tax is only $273.10. I can't believe I got it for this price - WOOHOO!!!!!!!!

I do have a 5 qt KA but it's only 325 watts and the Cuisinart is 1000 watts with a 7 qt bowl - I"m thinking double batches of Butterceam instead of one a a time. I had been looking at the Cuisinart, but couldn't justify spending $500.00 when I have a perfectly good KA (albeit going on 20 years old). I can't wait for it come in.

Thanks again thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

I am very happy for you.... glad we all got a deal and can save so much time.... I am with you on the buttercream.. i could only do double batches with my KA... I am thinking about how much I can make at a time now... icon_biggrin.gif

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 19 May 2008 , 5:38pm
post #26 of 37

I don't see a 7-qt. one. Is it the Professional 600 model or another model?

Does anyone have it in meringue? How close to white is meringue?

nattyk Posted 19 May 2008 , 6:19pm
post #27 of 37

Thanks kimmyboo925 - applied on line, got approved and my new mixer is on its way - got both discounts, came to $265.51. That'll be my birthday present to me in June!

laurynrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurynrn Posted 19 May 2008 , 6:27pm
post #28 of 37

icon_biggrin.gif i JUST ORDERED MINE!!!!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm soooo excited!!!!!!

yvy_cano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yvy_cano Posted 20 May 2008 , 4:56pm
post #29 of 37

I'm new to this whole baking thingy and decided to start big. I just ordered mine! icon_biggrin.gif But for some reason I couldnt apply the second coupon so it wound up coming out to $298.19. I wonder why it didnt accept icon_confused.gif

Either way im excited about my new investment, and I start my wilton class on June 6th icon_biggrin.gif I cant wait!

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 20 May 2008 , 6:17pm
post #30 of 37

It wouldn't take the extra 15% for me either and I do have a Khols card. Is there some way around this? I'm trying to get the KA Pro. Thanks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%