Weird Phone Calls-Anyone Else?

Business By costumeczar Updated 3 Jun 2008 , 5:32pm by ShopGrl1128

Lenore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenore Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 4:28pm
post #31 of 33

It is deaf person trying to reach you. I had this happen to me once. The operator reads what is being typed to them. I am not sure but I think the operators are not allowed to add their own comments to the conversation so it does seem strange when you get a call like this. They do call a few times knowing that you don't 'get it'. Finally, I realized what was going on.

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 4:33pm
post #32 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynGwen

I'm waiting for the scam to hit me.

I have it all planned out on how I'm going to play along and am going to have the time of my life with them. Of course I'll blog about it as well as our e-mail exchanges etc.

When it gets to the point of where I want to play with a scammer and am just sitting here waiting... yeah.... I definately need a life.

With my luck I'm never going to get contacted on this one. So far I've missed every other scam out there. icon_lol.gif

I don't recommend playing along. I've read about several people who have done this (one was a very entertaining story about a laptop/ebay purchase - found here: http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/ ), and once the con artists realize they are the ones getting played (and you have wasted their "valuable" time) - they send viruses to your computer or find other ways to get back at you.

I just delete them and let it go.

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 5:32pm
post #33 of 33

Wow!
That prank is brilliant!!! I hope Jeff is okâ¦

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%