Cake Picture Disapearing?

Decorating By lomikesa Updated 16 May 2008 , 6:27pm by janine1972

lomikesa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lomikesa Posted 16 May 2008 , 4:20am
post #1 of 23

I didn't have that many double pictures of my cakes, maybe four the most, but they where of different angles, I just notice they are gone from my photos. Has this happened to anyone else?

I know we are not suppose to upload more than one but if they are deleting them, I would rather be asked first wbich one I want to be deleted, as there may be one angle I like more.

Lomikesa

22 replies
bigmama1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigmama1961 Posted 16 May 2008 , 4:27am
post #2 of 23

YOU HAVE TO MAKE A COLLAGE NOW NO DOUBLE PICS,OR THEY WILL BE DELEATED. SORRY BUT THEY BEEN POSTEING THIS HOPE YOU DIDNT LOOSE TO MANY.

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 16 May 2008 , 4:41am
post #3 of 23

Gee, this is the first I've known pictures were going to be deleted!!! I looked in my photos and the top view of my big oval cake is gone, yet there are still two views of others. Well, maybe until I post this. I never saw a post about this. If there was one it should have been stuck to the home page for quite a while so everyone could see it. I haven't been able to spend as much time here lately but I sure would like to have known about this beforehand.

Thanks lomikesa, for bringing this up.

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 16 May 2008 , 4:45am
post #4 of 23

It happened to me too. I didn't realize there was a rule on no double cake posting. A head's up before deleting would have been nice.

bigmama1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigmama1961 Posted 16 May 2008 , 4:48am
post #5 of 23

CAROLANN THEY SAID COPY AND SAVE YOUR PICS IF YOU WANT TO KEEP THEM. AND IN THE FURTURE DO A COLLAGE NO DOUBLE POSTING.JUST READ THIS YESTERDAY.

lomikesa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lomikesa Posted 16 May 2008 , 11:42am
post #6 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolAnn

Gee, this is the first I've known pictures were going to be deleted!!! I looked in my photos and the top view of my big oval cake is gone, yet there are still two views of others. Well, maybe until I post this. I never saw a post about this. If there was one it should have been stuck to the home page for quite a while so everyone could see it. I haven't been able to spend as much time here lately but I sure would like to have known about this beforehand.

Thanks lomikesa, for bringing this up.

I agree, with Carolann they should have posted this in the home page, and keep it there for a while, some of us may not be in CC all the time and may have miss this warning, I just did not like that they deleted the pictures I like best. I rather do that myself.

Lomikesa

janine1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janine1972 Posted 16 May 2008 , 11:49am
post #7 of 23

I too agree, have been too busy to be here much lately, so when i logged in and saw - even one that wasnt a copy of a cake - but was part of a set of cakes, they deleted that- and it wasnt even the same cake!!! the icing and stuff was different!!!

i agree they should have had it stuck to the home page for a week at least!
I can understand why though, but to delete then they should check and make sure if it is a duplicate cake or not! sorry im not angry, just dissapointed though!

so how does one make a collage of the cake then???????

AnotherBrit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnotherBrit Posted 16 May 2008 , 11:51am
post #8 of 23

There was a thread about this earlier in the week and someone was asking for it to be put on the Home Page so everyone could see it. Don't think it ever made it there though!! It's a new decision - no duplicates. Shame, I hope you didn't lose too many. As I understand it, if they have been put in peoples' favorites, they will be gone too!

janine1972 Posted 16 May 2008 , 11:55am
post #9 of 23

What a pity, everyone looses!!
i lost a few! but was dissapointed, though i can understand this, as the space is needed.
are there not dormant people's files they can delete, say if you havent posted in the posts or in the pictures for over 18 months or so , that they then take those off the system - im sure there must be tons of those around, that would make up a lot of space for new ones! just an idea!

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 16 May 2008 , 12:00pm
post #10 of 23

A post is being done for the home page, however Heath has not completed it yet. It is coming. If you see more then one view of a cake, and it's not deleted, it may be a totally different angle or a slight difference in the view, and that would be why they are still there. Please be patient. There were two other posts in two forums about this, I can also tell you there still will be tons of people not seeing the post on the front page when it's up. We cannot please everyone and we are sorry, but we are told to do something and we are trying to do so. Thank you guys for your patience.

Edited to add:

If you see more then one view of a cake that looks similar we may have not gotten to it. Sometimes they are down loaded in two different galleries, etc, but we aren't doing per member which means clicking on one member at a time and looking at their photos. We are looking per gallery.

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 16 May 2008 , 12:03pm
post #11 of 23

I've got a couple of pictures that were of the same cake, just different angles etc. I tried to go in and delete them myself but they both had more than 5 saves so I wasn't able to delete them. I thought I would save someone some time and do it myself.

janine1972 Posted 16 May 2008 , 12:06pm
post #12 of 23

flayvurdfun - you have your work cut out for you lady - lol sorry i wasnt moaning - just saying it was a dissapointment - as if we had known, we could have deleted them - lol and chosen which they wanted to stay- but no complaints - i do understand why itis being done! and it aint gonna be easy, some are gonna be very upset and others not, i post my pics here so i can get opinions, see what works and what doesnt - lol

Thanks for the hard work, and i hope most people will watch the front page for the news!
have a lovely day

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 16 May 2008 , 12:11pm
post #13 of 23

I'm with all of you...I didn't see a post on this either! I don't have double posts, but will this affect the ones we've saved as well or just posted? Some of the saved ones I have were important that I have different angles.

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 16 May 2008 , 12:13pm
post #14 of 23

Hello! Just posting a copy of what the rules say when you are uploading pics.

Duplicate photos are not allowed.

You may upload 1 photo of a cake and choose the most appropriate photo gallery for that 1 photo. On occasion its OK to upload a different angle of your cake, but we prefer you only do that if it the other photo shows entirely different details of the cake, that are not visible at all in the other photo. Please try and limit any "different" angle photos to just 1, that way there are not more than 2 photos in the gallery of the 1 cake

The Admins are saying that only try to limit it to 1 more angle that is completely different from the one of the same cake posted, but only to do it occasionally.

If you wish, you could upload different angles in collage form and only submit that one page that shows different angles at once in one single page.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

CarolAnn Posted 16 May 2008 , 2:16pm
post #15 of 23
Quote:
Quote:

There were two other posts in two forums about this, I can also tell you there still will be tons of people not seeing the post on the front page when it's up.

I'm just saying that there should have been a Sticky Post on the home page about this for a good period of time to let people know. It's not good enough to leave it to a thread in the forums to get word out about something that will affect everyone.

Quote:
Quote:

We cannot please everyone and we are sorry, but we are told to do something and we are trying to do so.

Who is "we"?

CarolAnn Posted 16 May 2008 , 2:17pm
post #16 of 23
Quote:
Quote:

There were two other posts in two forums about this, I can also tell you there still will be tons of people not seeing the post on the front page when it's up.

I'm just saying that there should have been a Sticky Post on the home page about this for a good period of time to let people know. It's not good enough to leave it to a thread in the forums to get word out about something that will affect everyone.

Quote:
Quote:

We cannot please everyone and we are sorry, but we are told to do something and we are trying to do so.

Who is "we"?

MariaLovesCakes Posted 16 May 2008 , 2:34pm
post #17 of 23

CarolAnn:

The message about the picture gallery rules comes up every time you upload a picture. Maybe it has been overlooked, but it comes up every time.

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 16 May 2008 , 3:50pm
post #18 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolAnn

Quote:
Quote:

Who is "we"?

The moderators were informed to do this.

I'll see if I can't find the other post on this and attach it.

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-586287-pictures.html

CarolAnn Posted 16 May 2008 , 3:53pm
post #19 of 23

I know about the rules. I'm talking about pictures being deleted. I just think there should have been a sticky post on the home page for a good while to let as many as possibly know that someone would be going thru the galleries deleting pics.

I will be looking at my Favs and probably saving some pics to my pc just to know I have them saved. I have many there already.

MariaLovesCakes Posted 16 May 2008 , 4:00pm
post #20 of 23

CarolAnn: That's why they are being deleted, because of the picture gallery rules not being followed, either by mistake or being overlooked.

Some of the mods, including myself, were unable to delete pics for a long time due to some changes that affected our ability to do so.

Now that we are able to again, we are trying to take care of all those duplicates that slipped by us when we were not able to delete them. This is actually not something new, but we were not able to do it for a long while and that's why so many pics slipped by our notice.

We are sorry for the confusion this is causing. Please bare with us.

Thanks.

MariaLovesCakes

CarolAnn Posted 16 May 2008 , 4:33pm
post #21 of 23

Gotcha! Thanks!!

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 16 May 2008 , 6:09pm
post #22 of 23

I had posted this about making picture collages. I hope it helps!

Jodie

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=583528&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

janine1972 Posted 16 May 2008 , 6:27pm
post #23 of 23

Jodie - thanks a lot - will use that in future - makes it look so nice - lol i never knew how to do this- lol i am pretty much a computer illiterate person - he he he
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%