Looking For A True Strawberry Cake

Baking By jackie64 Updated 4 Jun 2008 , 6:47am by Children

jackie64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackie64 Posted 15 May 2008 , 2:16am
post #1 of 11

I am trying to find a recipe for a true strawberry cake one that taste like real strawberries . Not a recipe where you put them in the filling or the buttercream or sliced on the cake I mean a true strawberry batter . Any ideas or recipes would be appreciated Thanks Jackie

10 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 16 May 2008 , 1:15am
post #2 of 11

I made up my own using The Cake Bible's white cake. I substituted equal volume pureed strawberries for the milk, and added about a tsp lemon juice. When I have some I add strawberry icing fruits to the batter as well. Tastes yummy!

manahigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manahigh Posted 16 May 2008 , 1:49pm
post #3 of 11

I use a recipe that I think comes from the Cake Doctor called "triple decker strawberry". You start with a white cake mix and add:
3oz pkg of strawberry jello
4 eggs
1/2 cup of sugar
1/4 cup ap flour
1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk

It requires 3 nine inch round pans

The icing is 1cup butter, 16oz of ps and 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries. I have gotten rave reviews with this one.

beccakelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccakelly Posted 16 May 2008 , 4:32pm
post #4 of 11

i didn't like the texture of cake with the jello added. i like to use a standard cake recipe (white/yellow scratch or mix) and add 1/4 tsp strawberry lorann oil and then add strawberry puree (i use pastry filling) to taste. It colors the batter a light pink and tastes really good.

alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 17 May 2008 , 4:00am
post #5 of 11

I recently made a strawberry cake using the White Almond Sour Cream (WASC) cake recipe. I used a yellow cake mix and 3 whole eggs (rather than 4 whites for white cake). I cooked some frozen strawberries till they were soft but holding thier shape and pureed them. I replaced the water in the recipe with the strawberries (juice and all). In place of almond extract I used strawberry extract. It had a really great strawberry flavor and all the properties of WASC that I love.

akgirl10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akgirl10 Posted 18 May 2008 , 1:57am
post #6 of 11

I tried the one that adds jello on this site yesterday, and I didn't really care for it. Next I'm going to try pureed strawberries, with no extra sugar, in place of the water of a white mix. It's very hard to get a cake to taste like strawberries!

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 18 May 2008 , 2:17am
post #7 of 11

I use strawberry cake mix, 4 eggs, strawberry jello mix, and 4-5 tablespoons of strawberry preserves.

LaurynBrook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurynBrook Posted 18 May 2008 , 2:26am
post #8 of 11

I use the cake doctor recipe that was stated above and I absolutely love it. I can't imagine a better cake. I make a couple of changes though, like I add 2/3 cup sugar, 2'3 cup strawberries, and about a tablespoon more flour. It's fabulous.

jackie64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackie64 Posted 20 May 2008 , 1:52am
post #9 of 11

Thanks everyone I will give the cake doctor recipe a try. icon_smile.gif

Cakebelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakebelle Posted 24 May 2008 , 8:12pm
post #10 of 11

Thanks I needed to know as well!

Children Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Children Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 6:47am
post #11 of 11

Got a question on the fresh strawberries. Do you need to refridgerate the cake if you use fresh strawberries? I usually use frozen strawberries. Just not sure what the rules are with fresh fruit.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%