Newbie Question - Torte? Fill?

Decorating By SugarMama602 Updated 15 May 2008 , 1:25am by HerBoudoir

SugarMama602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarMama602 Posted 14 May 2008 , 8:44pm
post #1 of 4

I'm reading all over the place that you are torting your layers...and/or filling your layers.

Is there a difference? What does it mean to torte?

Thanks!!!!! icon_smile.gif

3 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 14 May 2008 , 9:27pm
post #2 of 4

Hi there, as far as I know, its the same thing. icon_biggrin.gif

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 15 May 2008 , 12:51am
post #3 of 4

Let me tell you how dumb I used to be. I started decorating about 8 years ago just for my kids and stuff. Well when I first did any stacked cakes I just set one on top of the other with out frosting or filling or anything. icon_redface.gif When I look back I think how could I have been that dumb. I wondered why when I cut into mine it didn't have that niced layered look........ Now I know. icon_wink.gif Is torting when you cut a cake into layers and then fill in between those layers? I'm not sure I think it's basically the same. All I know is you must put something between the layers icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 15 May 2008 , 1:25am
post #4 of 4

Torting: cutting a layer of cake horizontally to make multiple layers of cake

Filling: adding some sort of product in between the layers - ex: buttercream, fruit curd, mousse, etc - to basically "glue" the layers together

Quote by @%username% on %date%