Fbct Writing On Cake?

Decorating By SugarBakers05 Updated 10 May 2008 , 2:47am by patrice2007

SugarBakers05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakers05 Posted 9 May 2008 , 7:45pm
post #1 of 5

Do you think its possible to do this? I can't write on cake to save my life.

4 replies
kimblyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimblyd Posted 9 May 2008 , 9:27pm
post #2 of 5

Me too, neither. icon_biggrin.gif

I know you can do a FCBT of writing, I did one. It was actually the first (and only) FCBT I have ever done, but I did it.

I typed the message in Word and printed it in reverse and made my transfer. I guess it turned out okay, but I think I should have used a larger font and I really didn't like how I could tell where the cake frosting and transfer frosting met. Sorry I don't have a picture of that cake.

Since writing on a cake is so frustrating to me I am always trying to think of new ways to do it. I have been thinking about piping thick letters in buttercream onto wax paper (not backwards and with no extra icing like a transfer) freeze them and peel them off the wax paper and put them directly on the cake. I have read on here about doing that with buttercream roses and have been wondering if that would work with letters.

Does anyone know?

SugarBakers05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakers05 Posted 10 May 2008 , 2:19am
post #3 of 5

Glad to know I'm not the only one icon_biggrin.gif I think I'll try it and see

womanzano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
womanzano Posted 10 May 2008 , 2:31am
post #4 of 5

I've done something like this. I printed out a font I like and covered it with wax paper. Piped over it and froze it. Then I just used a spatula and toothpicks to moved the letters to the cake. I was happy with the results. This way it wasn't flat (like it would be if you did a regular FBCT) and looked more like I actually piped it on. icon_wink.gif

HTH,

patrice2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patrice2007 Posted 10 May 2008 , 2:47am
post #5 of 5

My writing is horrible.. ......I will have to try the wax paper and freezing trick. So far I have only come up with making a banner out of fondant and using a food marker.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%