Cake Shape

Decorating By susanharte Updated 8 May 2008 , 5:47am by JanH

susanharte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanharte Posted 8 May 2008 , 4:40am
post #1 of 2

I see a lot of cake designs that are round, but the top is wider than the bottom...usually they are top layers, but I dont see any pans shaped like is this done?

1 reply
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 8 May 2008 , 5:47am
post #2 of 2

Hi and Welcome, susanharte. icon_smile.gif

Decoding CC acronyms:

Actually, I have some Wilton cake pans that are wider at the top than at the bottom and I don't use them because when stacked the sides are not even. icon_sad.gif

I wonder if you are referencing topsy turvy, whimsical or slanted cakes:

There are pans available to bake the cakes in these shapes but they're very expensive and some members don't feel they are worth the cost.

There are at least three methods of constructing these cakes, but all methods do require "carving" round cake layers to the desired round shape/s. (Although it is possible to make square topsy-turvy cakes.)

Everything you ever wanted to know about topsy-turvy, whimsical and crooked cakes:


Quote by @%username% on %date%