Chocolate Transfer

Decorating By Susie43727 Updated 8 May 2008 , 11:52am by Susie43727

Susie43727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie43727 Posted 7 May 2008 , 11:35pm
post #1 of 3

This is probally a dumb question..... but could anyone tell me what a chocolate transfer is? Ive seen a couple pics with it and im not familiar with it and i dont know how u use it. Thanks for looking and have a good day!! Susie

2 replies
JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 8 May 2008 , 1:14am
post #2 of 3

There are a few different kinds. The ones I use are pre-made and are clear pieces of acetate, with patterns in colored cocoa butter. You pour on melted chocolate, let it partially set and the wrap your cake with it. You peel off the acetate after the chocolate is set and the pattern stays on the chocolate. I use them a lot on cheesecakes and I also used them on the wedding cake in my photos. I order mine from Beryl's. You can get them in many different designs. I love the way they look!

There are many folks on here that make their own chocolate transfers, and use them to create characters and such. I have never done that, so I can't help you with it. But, I'm sure some other folks will chime in!


Susie43727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie43727 Posted 8 May 2008 , 11:52am
post #3 of 3

Thank you for responding, I have seen a couple cakes on here done with it and they always look very nice. I'll have to try it. Thanks again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%