Death Of Susan O'boyle Jacobsen

Decorating By jlh Updated 4 Jun 2009 , 12:45am by Fnadine

jlh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlh Posted 7 May 2008 , 2:18pm
post #1 of 7

I saw a CHALLENGE on Food Network, Susan O'Boyle Jacobsen of Minnesota won. I wanted to research her on the web today, only to realize she passed away shortly after the filming of the episode in 2006? Heart breaking. Does anyone have any more information about her? I have searched Food network, the web, and CC forum with no luck. Thanks.

6 replies
marion123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marion123 Posted 7 May 2008 , 3:12pm
post #2 of 7

http://www.shavkin.com/susandem.html

http://www.sugarartistry.net/

I did a search on her found these 2 links.. They are both great links..

elainec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elainec Posted 7 May 2008 , 5:59pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks, that was very interesting, and to know that she also "gave back to society."

MaxsMom7317 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 8 May 2008 , 5:30am
post #5 of 7

Susan was a friend and Mentor of mine. I saw her the night before she passed away. I was so honored to have seen her glow and win the challenge. It was heartbreaking to attend her service after such an amazing night. She won the challenge and passed away a day later. She is truly missed by many. It has been two years and I still have not deleted her contact info. It was bitter sweet watching the show tonight.

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 8 May 2008 , 5:33am
post #6 of 7

On another note.....They kept showing her best friend that everyone thought was her husband. Silly FN editing.

Fnadine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fnadine Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 12:45am
post #7 of 7

I just watched Susan on the Food Channel and was shocked to see that she passed right after her winning. It was great to know her daughter and grandkids were there when she won.

What a loss to the cake world.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%