Calling Any Toronto Cakers!

Decorating By Homemade-Goodies Updated 9 May 2008 , 12:12am by michellesArt

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 6 May 2008 , 1:33pm
post #1 of 13

Long story short...my sister is newly married to a Portuguese man, and recently moved to Toronto from Washington State. Evidently the notion of a real birthday cake, with frosting, name & candles, is not really familiar for either the area/community/family (not sure).

Anyway, I'm looking for someone to make a lovely simple cake for my sister and deliver, if possible, to surprise her. Her birthday was last Sunday and she just admitted last night on the phone how disappointed she had been.

Something smallish, for regular price +delivery costs, of course. Can anyone out there help out? I think she'd get a kick out of it! Thanks!! icon_smile.gif

12 replies
Homemade-Goodies Posted 6 May 2008 , 7:48pm
post #2 of 13

Any referrals for that area of the world???

lorrieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorrieg Posted 7 May 2008 , 1:20am
post #3 of 13

Sorry, I'm a little too far to help you. I'm in the Ottawa Valley and that's about 5 hours away.

I think the marmalade cake company is in toronto and they probably have a website. HTH

Ferra1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ferra1 Posted 8 May 2008 , 9:32pm
post #4 of 13

hi,

New here; have been lurking though.

Love the site.

Here is a link to a good pastry place in Toronto. Hope it's what you have in mind...I really can't think of too many that deliver though.

http://www.dufflet.com/home.asp

Hope she had a great birthday.

Homemade-Goodies Posted 8 May 2008 , 9:56pm
post #5 of 13

You're really sweet - thanks!!!

And welcome to CC - watch out, it's the most addictive thing in the world!! But, way fun & informative!!! icon_biggrin.gif

janebrophy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janebrophy Posted 8 May 2008 , 10:06pm
post #6 of 13

I'm a few hours too far as well, I was also going to reccomend Marmalade! Good Luck!

Salpi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Salpi Posted 8 May 2008 , 10:21pm
post #7 of 13

I actually live in Toronto, you can always keep me in mind for next time, you can check out some of the cakes that I've made at http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-Salpi.html

Salpi

Polish_princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Polish_princess Posted 8 May 2008 , 10:24pm
post #8 of 13

I'm from Toronto, but what are you looking for exactly???
PM me if you are still looking for someone

terri-jo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terri-jo Posted 8 May 2008 , 10:32pm
post #9 of 13

Also in toronto (and a fellow dutchie!) Where abouts is she? Toronto is pretty big! Take a look at my pics and pm me if I can help.

Teresa

terri-jo Posted 8 May 2008 , 10:43pm
post #10 of 13

Hey Salpi,

I just looked at your photos. You do lovely work. Where in Toronto are you?

Teresa

Salpi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Salpi Posted 8 May 2008 , 10:58pm
post #11 of 13

Hi Teresa,

Your cakes are lovely as well. I am actually north of Toronto, Brampton to be more exact. How about you? where abouts are you. Is cake decorating a profession or a hobby?

terri-jo Posted 8 May 2008 , 11:52pm
post #12 of 13

Salpi,

East York here. I do a lot of cakes for friends and family and friends of friends (you know the drill). Although I do charge, I'm not officially a business (read not licensed!) I'm hoping when my kids are a little older, I'll do it for real. How about you?

Teresa

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 9 May 2008 , 12:12am
post #13 of 13

hi there terri-jo it's nice to here from some canuks (and from my area too-i'm in collingwood about an hour away) sorry to sidetrack your post but i can't resist-it is addictive (my DH complains all the time with a smile) but i sometimes feel like an outsider well maybe we could start a post or something for canadians? talk later

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%