Sam's Buttercream - Does It Crust?

Decorating By Amia Updated 27 Jul 2009 , 6:43pm by boricuagirl_wi

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 5 May 2008 , 10:40pm
post #1 of 14

I went to Sam's today to price their bc. It's SO cheap and I will totally switch IF it crusts! Does anyone know if it crusts? icon_confused.gif

13 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 5 May 2008 , 10:47pm
post #2 of 14

it crusts beautifully, it's what I use......it's a little sweet for my tastes...but my customers LOVE it!!!

jeffer01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeffer01 Posted 5 May 2008 , 10:49pm
post #3 of 14

I agree!!! I have never had a single problem with my Sam's BC thumbs_up.gif It crusts beautiuflly and tastes good. I add different flavorings to change things up a bit and my family and friends love it!!!!

You are right, it is so much more economical these days!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 5 May 2008 , 10:51pm
post #4 of 14

Yay, yay, yay! Thank you guys! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 6 May 2008 , 3:25am
post #5 of 14

yeah, you CAN'T make it for that much!!! The butter alone cost more than the buttercream!! Besides the fact that it saves a ton of time.......I've been going through one of those buckets a week lately!

mistymamas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mistymamas Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 9:29pm
post #6 of 14

How much is it for a bucket?

bakermommy4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermommy4 Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 9:54pm
post #7 of 14

Same question as mistymamas...cuantos deneros?? I think thats a proper translation..LOL

makaylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makaylee Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 10:11pm
post #8 of 14

are you talking about sams club buttercream?
what is the size of the bucket?
what is the cost?
i didn't even know they sold it!!!
thanks

Katiekatiekatie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katiekatiekatie Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 10:44pm
post #9 of 14

I was in Sams the other day and looked at it they had two tubs one was white and the other was chocolate. The label read Butte-r-creme or something very close. It was a 5 gallon pail actually I dont know the weight but it was $32. Is this the same product you are all talking about? How longcan it be kept after it is open? Does it need to be in the fridge after opening?
Thanks,
Katie

boricuagirl_wi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boricuagirl_wi Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 11:00pm
post #10 of 14

HOLA

I BOUTH SOME AT THE END OF MAY AND USED IT FOR THE FIRST TIME YESTERDAY AND EVERY ONE LOVE IT I DID ADD SOME ALMOND FLAVORING AND WAS GREAT AN CRUST GREAT VERY TIME SAVING
COST ME 32.99 IN LOCATED IN MINESSOTA
THE ICING HAVE EXPIRATION DAY HE SAID THE BEST THING TO DO IS DIVIDE IT AND TAKE THE AMOUNT YOU NEED EVERY TIME YOU NEED TO USED

IS WORTH THE MONEY

bakermommy4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermommy4 Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 2:06am
post #11 of 14

Thanks...Gracias boricuagirl!!

PartyCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PartyCake Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 4:14am
post #12 of 14

How long does it take for the crumb coat to crust? Do you refrigerate it or leave it out to set faster? I have tried the coffee filter method for smoothing out but the filter keeps on sticking. Do I need to let it set longer before I use the coffee filter?

boricuagirl_wi Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 6:40pm
post #13 of 14

HELLO Party Cake

usually i crumb coat the night before or early in the morning and then i refrigerate if i have a last min thing i put it on the refrigerator for at least 1 did you try the viva paper tower that help to keep in mind that is humidity is high is going to take a litter longer

let me know if you have any other questions

blessing

boricuagirl_wi Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 6:43pm
post #14 of 14

HELLO Party Cake

usually i crumb coat the night before or early in the morning and then i refrigerate if i have a last min thing i put it on the refrigerator for at least 1 did you try the viva paper tower that help to keep in mind that is humidity is high is going to take a litter longer

let me know if you have any other questions

blessing

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%