Do I Have To Be Licensed Before I Advertise?

Business By cakeiteasy Updated 5 May 2008 , 8:10pm by ccr03

cakeiteasy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeiteasy Posted 4 May 2008 , 7:40pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone,

I was wondering when i am just starting a business and not sure which way it is going to go, do I have to fork out all the money to get licensed? I work from home, I would appreciate some advice! P.S I live in Canada!

2 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 4 May 2008 , 10:37pm
post #2 of 3

I don't know anything about Canadian law, but i would think if you are going all out to advertise then yes you should be licensed. Now if you are talking about just putting out a few calling cards then you may be okay. It really depends on what you are comfortable to do.

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 5 May 2008 , 8:10pm
post #3 of 3

YEah, you're going to get both ends of advice on here.

It all depends on the risk that you are willing to take and how comfortable you are doing it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%