Cake Projects For Kids...

Decorating By USMC_SGTs_Lady Updated 1 May 2008 , 4:47pm by sweetcravings

USMC_SGTs_Lady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
USMC_SGTs_Lady Posted 1 May 2008 , 3:45pm
post #1 of 4

So i was just asked if I wanted to set up a cake decorating project for Kids to do at our town's next event.
I would glady set up a project to do, but have NO CLUE what kind of decorating I can have Kids do....I like kids, but am not around them much..... icon_redface.gif
I was thinking I could have them do cupcakes and have a theme for them to follow....like for the girls they could try to make the cupcakes look like flowers....or I can have them try to make the cupcakes look like faces, using various candies....
I'm just kinda at a lose of where to start and what to do....any ideas or advice...?

3 replies
crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 1 May 2008 , 4:36pm
post #2 of 4

I don't know how many kids will be through your table, but I would suggest maybe having a couple different types of cupcakes, chocolate, vanilla, etc. and a couple different bags of icing, chocolate and vanilla etc. and a ton of things to sprinkle on. That way the kids can use the decorating bag to ice their cupcake, they will have the choice of what flavor cake and icing they want, and then the choice to top it however they want. My kids would love it. Toppings are limitless, of course various types and sizes of sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, mini m&ms, gummi bears, crushed oreos, etc etc etc.

I only suggest this because it may be time consuming to try to teach something in particular, if there will be a lot of kids. If you only expect a couple at a time then your idea of teaching the kids a technique would also be fun.

It sounds like fun!
HTH,
Crissy

akgirl10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akgirl10 Posted 1 May 2008 , 4:40pm
post #3 of 4

I agree with the above poster, a few flavors and colors, maybe a couple of different tips and loads of toppings. Most kids I know would rather do thier own thing then follow instructionsicon_smile.gif. And it would be much easier for you.

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 1 May 2008 , 4:47pm
post #4 of 4

How about cupcakes with fondant decorations. The kids can choose the shapes (cutters) they want to cut the fondant in and place them on the cupcake they iced. The girls could make cut out fondant flowers, the boys could make strips or poka dots.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%