Pregnant Cake...

Decorating By doublecz1103 Updated 29 Apr 2008 , 2:04am by msthang1224

doublecz1103 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doublecz1103 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 12:54am
post #1 of 5

how do u make a pregnant belly cake?? i think they are sooo cute!!

4 replies
StaceyRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StaceyRN Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 1:06am
post #2 of 5

They're super easy to make. If you look in my photos you can look at my version....
I used a half of a ball cake pan for the belly and two of the mini mold pans for the "boobs". I placed them on a cake board together, traced the form, and cut.
I covered the body with fondant and added accents.
Hope this helps

Ah-na Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ah-na Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 1:07am
post #3 of 5

I've never made one but it looks like to me that it's a carved sheet cake with a half ball on top. Or you could just do a sheet cake with the ball on top and then make the dress on top, so you don't have to carve! You can find the ball pan at almost any store. Hope it helps, hopefully someone who has already made one can help you out more!

jackie64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackie64 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 1:09am
post #4 of 5

This is how I do it. Make your Sheet cake and then make two cupcakes for the breast and then I bake a cake in a 6 inch ovensafe bowl this will be the belly for the cake then just ice them and then place them on the cake then I cover them with a fondant dress and add accents . Everyone does it a little different this is just one way of doing it. HTH and good luck with your cake please post pics when you get it done. icon_smile.gif

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 2:04am
post #5 of 5

Jackie64, Did you have to carve your cupcakes a little into the shape of breasts?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%