I Just Bought An Airbrush On Ebay!!

Decorating By CoutureCakeCreations Updated 10 Aug 2008 , 1:50pm by fluttercakes

CoutureCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCakeCreations Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 2:51pm
post #1 of 35

Hey guys. I found a great buy on a brand new airbrush kit with compressor. I only paid $95 with shipping and tax.
Here the link they have lots more!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=180237172531&Category=134557&_trksid=p3907.m2

I am so excited!!!

34 replies
Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCakeCreations Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 5:13pm
post #3 of 35

now where was that link when i was researching airbrushes!!!!!
hahahhha
Thats ok. I am still excited that I finally bought one.
You live and you learn!!!

asul Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
asul Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 6:08pm
post #4 of 35

I was wondering what kind of airbrush would you buy at harborfreight ?
There are a couple of them to choose from.
Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

dare2bloved Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dare2bloved Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 6:31pm
post #5 of 35

save

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 10:06pm
post #6 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by asul

I was wondering what kind of airbrush would you buy at harborfreight ?
There are a couple of them to choose from.
Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

I don't know I bought a Pasche from Michaels eons ago. I just ran a line from my air compressor. Complete with water separaters, and filters. It would've been cheaper If I would've went to HF. I figured I already had the compressor, and airbrush. I spent closet 100 just on getting it hooked up icon_cry.gif

Mike

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 11:42pm
post #7 of 35

Isn't pasche the gold standard?

I been using the one decopac sells for years....it's about time for a new one....

how do you like the pasche?

couture cake creations...you are gonna love it!

i just bought some pearl airbrush color from lucks....i love it...the metallic silver and gold is nice too...plus it didn't clog up in my airbrush.

lu9129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lu9129 Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 11:58pm
post #8 of 35

Thank you so much for the information!

I'm going to check this out as soon as DH gets home!

Lu

mommycakediva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommycakediva Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 12:21am
post #9 of 35

That's funny I just got one off ebay too!!!!! Congrats on your buy! Can't wait till mine comes and I can play around!!!

rmbias1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rmbias1 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 12:24am
post #10 of 35

Funny, I was just looking at that exact airbrush on ebay and decided to see what my fellow cc'ers thought. I have an airbrush but I have been having so many problems out of it. I have only had mine (a different brand) for about a year, but I started having problems with it about five or six months after getting it. So now I am looking to buy something else. Any suggestions????
Please let me know what you think of your new airbrush, and congratulations.

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 12:24am
post #11 of 35

Congratulations! You're gonna love it!!! You'll want to airbrush everything.

Just remember...when you are done airbrushing and blow all kinds of colors out your nose...you aren't dying, K? LOL!!!

Have fun! They're awesome!

-Michelle

ranbel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ranbel Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 12:27am
post #12 of 35

Thanks for the website - I just purchased one too.

Can't wait to use my new little toy icon_lol.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 12:29am
post #13 of 35

I think that's the one I have. Maybe you can give me a lesson. I used it once about 8 years ago, packed it up and it's in the back of the closet. Seems like the instruction booklet was about 20 pages. That's about 18 pages too long for my patience level. I think I'm ging to buy the red one from KopyKake, although it's more expensive than this one and less quality. But easy to use. Don't get me wrong, Paasche is the best. The problem was not with the machine - its with me learning to use it.

servingzero Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
servingzero Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 12:40am
post #14 of 35

Not to start a debate on Brands, but why is Paasche best for cake dec'ing? We have an Iwata for actual airbrush artwork, and wonder if anyone has used that? Or Badger, or Aztec?

joyofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joyofcakes Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 12:40am
post #15 of 35

I just order mine and can't wait to get it. Thanks for the website

ranbel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ranbel Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 12:50am
post #16 of 35

Now that I am going to be the proud owner of a air brush kit, no more betty crocker spray cans, what is the best website to purchase the colors from? Or, can they be purchased at Michaels, etc..

I need the color gold for a cake I'm doing the end of May. Also, can you mix colors as well???

biviana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
biviana Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 1:03am
post #17 of 35

save

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 1:30am
post #18 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by servingzero

Not to start a debate on Brands, but why is Paasche best for cake dec'ing? We have an Iwata for actual airbrush artwork, and wonder if anyone has used that? Or Badger, or Aztec?

I only have a $100 Badger and I LOVE IT. The brand didn't matter to me at all when I was looking for one. It took some practice to learn how to work with it and I am still learning more every time I use it.

I just went to the OH ICES Day of Sharing today and they were showing some new techniques and fabric with the airbrush and now I wanna try them out (instead of working on the cake that gets picked up tomorrow!)

-Michelle

Mandica12182 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mandica12182 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:28pm
post #19 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by msauer

I just went to the OH ICES Day of Sharing today and they were showing some new techniques and fabric with the airbrush and now I wanna try them out (instead of working on the cake that gets picked up tomorrow!)

-Michelle

That demo has me extremly upset that I don't have an airbrush yet...that lace trick was AWESOME!!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:48pm
post #20 of 35

I have the aztec and I dearly love it! My friend has the kopykake airmaster and we compared finished product and found that the kopykake seems to show fine spatters where the aztec doesn't. Also the aztec does not have a needle to get bent or replaced and doesn't have to be taken apart to be cleaned. I have several extra little cups which makes changing colors quick and easy.

jessienj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessienj Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:49pm
post #21 of 35

You can get the color gold made by Lucks. I am sure there are a few places that carry it, but the best prices I have found are at www.cakedeco.com

They have gold, silver, pink shimmer, blue shimmer, purple, red, bronze, pearl, green etc in shimmer finishes. They also carry other regular colors in several brands.

mommycakediva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommycakediva Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 3:54pm
post #22 of 35

Which aztek air brush, I saw a aztek A220 online for 19.99. Is this a good one and a good price? It is brand new

lu9129 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 9:05pm
post #23 of 35

I know that I sound like a broken record. Do not order anything from "The Tuulshed" on ebay. I ordered an airbrush from them and they kept my money and didn't send the brush.

Lu

jessienj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessienj Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 3:11pm
post #24 of 35

And they're still in business? Wow! That's terrible!

You're not sounding like a broken record to someone who's never heard that before - like me. Thanks for the info.

lu9129 Posted 6 May 2008 , 12:09am
post #25 of 35

COUTURECAKECREATIONS!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE INFO ON THE AIRBRUSH.

I got mine today from ups. I am so excited. My DH is reading instructions now and I'm getting my work space ready! I can't wait.

Let me know how you like yours!

Lu

CoutureCakeCreations Posted 6 May 2008 , 12:28am
post #26 of 35

I absolutely love my airbrush and I realized from a friend that this one is avery high quality airbrush and I did get a really good deal. I just finished airbrushing some gumpaste rose sprays. its so easy and not messy at all. I just put down a piece of paper towel and go at it. I would suggest when you done to fill the cup with clean water and just spray on a paper towel until you don't see anymore color coming out. u do this to be sure that my airbrush stays clean.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 6 May 2008 , 1:38am
post #27 of 35

Thye aztek I have is the model 470.

elainec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elainec Posted 6 May 2008 , 1:54am
post #28 of 35

I ordered one and now I am waiting on delivery!

jackie64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackie64 Posted 6 May 2008 , 2:00am
post #29 of 35

I bidded and won this same airbrush last week and I got an email with tracking info today it will be delivered Wednesday I cant wait.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 6 May 2008 , 1:40pm
post #30 of 35

HI Mandica and Msauser - I was at the Columbus ICES DOS too ( a newbie!) I just got an airbrush system this week - trying to wait till the weekend to try it out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%