Snail Cake For 3 Year Old Girl?

Decorating By MrsMom Updated 28 Apr 2008 , 4:26pm by aandecakedesign

MrsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMom Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 2:37pm
post #1 of 7

First, I have looked in the gallery for ideas but I'm having trouble looking at pictures. I can see them fine in thumbnail form but when I click on the picture I either get an error or the screen just gets "stuck". So....I couldn't *see* many of the snails.

Anyway....I just got approached by a friend of my SIL who wants a snail themed cake for her DD's 3rd bday. (this would only be my 2nd paid cake!) She was thinking pink and orange for colors. First, I'm wondering what pan would be best to bake in to get the right shape. Also, does anyone have any cute design ideas? (since I'm having trouble seeing pictures...)

Thank you!

6 replies
Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 4:20pm
post #2 of 7

Is she wanting a snail shaped cake or just a cake with snails on it? If it's the former, a round would work fine for the shell, then use a mini ball, mini wondermold or a cupcake for the face. You could make the shell orange and add little pink decorations (flowers or such) and make the face light pink with a bright pink bow. I think that would be cute. I wish I had a reason to use this idea myself! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif If she wants a cake with snails on it, then use a round and ice it with tip 233, like grass, and make little pink and orange snails out of fondant. Add some fondant flowers and a little banner with the DD's name, and there ya go.

HTH

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 4:44pm
post #3 of 7

If you are thinking of something like mine, PM me and I can help you out.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=710583

calynmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calynmom Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 4:46pm
post #4 of 7

You could make the shell out of the wonder mold pan and the head out of a the mini ball pan. I have seen snail cakes with little butterflies sitting on the shell and grass around it.

Amia's color idea is great.

HTH

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 5:00pm
post #5 of 7

Ooooh I didn't even think about using the wondermold for a 3D shell, that's even better! You can pipe grass on the cake board, or a sheet cake (if she needs more cake servings) and put little flowers around the base and a couple of butterflies resting on the shell. This will be such a cute cake!

MrsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMom Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 1:06pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks for the ideas....I'm looking forward to doing this cake. I'm just trying to figure out how to get enough servings for her, though. She needs between 40 and 50!

aandecakedesign Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aandecakedesign Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 4:26pm
post #7 of 7

I cant wait to see this when its done. You will need a 1/2 sheet or a 12" round on the bottom if you use the wondermold. Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%