Icing Images

Decorating By ForNikoandAnna Updated 25 Jun 2008 , 10:54am by Dixiegal01

ForNikoandAnna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ForNikoandAnna Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 1:38am
post #1 of 12

Has anyone used this site to have edible pictures printed for you & shipped?

I'd like to get the Chicago Blackhawks logo printed for my son's birthday cake in June and was wondering if they are a good quality. I believe they will print 12-2.5" circles of the same image for $15.

I'm also open to other companies that do this if you've used one in the past.

Thanks!

11 replies
cakequeen50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen50 Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 4:50am
post #2 of 12

I've used them many times and was extremely pleased with the customer service and the product. But now I have my own so I don't use them any more.

dg10148 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dg10148 Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 6:42am
post #3 of 12

I get mine done at Kroger's for 10 bucks

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 9:32am
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForNikoandAnna

I'd like to get the Chicago Blackhawks logo printed for my son's birthday cake in June and was wondering if they are a good quality. I believe they will print 12-2.5" circles of the same image for $15.

Thanks!

Since I'm from Detroit. Why ruin the kids cake? Ya need one of those BIG, Red Wing wheels to cove the cake. icon_biggrin.gif Hehehehehehe icon_lol.gif

TheButterWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheButterWench Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 9:45am
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForNikoandAnna

Thanks!

I don't think anyone will print a team logo as it's a lic product. You can see if you can order it from a bakery supply house.

Dixiegal01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dixiegal01 Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 10:33am
post #6 of 12

I'm so glad to see this thread! I have a cake to do at the end of the month for a great friend that will turn 50. The theme is Rock and Roll (not the 50's theme) and I've been trying to get my creative juices flowing for this one. I was thinking a 1/2 sheet cake (I'm driving from Dallas to Houston) with a turntable out of an 8x8 on top. I wanted to do an album cover with her picture on it and something like "Rock on Alicia" and then the album on the turntable with the same picture and possibly "50 Rocks" as the name of the song. I need to get edible images made but don't know exactly how to go about designing the album cover or the circle with the pic/song name (little round part on the record)....I also emailed Icing Images and they said they could do it, I would need to send the design.....can anyone advise on how I can go about designing what I want? I found a picture of her that I had to crop others out of, I just need to some specific steps or web sites that I can try to get my design worked out. HELP, all ideas are certainly welcomed!!! Also, I would be putting the edible images on dried fondant, would I need to wet it somehow to get the images to stick?

TheButterWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheButterWench Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 1:13pm
post #7 of 12

Dixie Gal, you can use your Avery label template that comes with your Word program.

If you have these items available, just measure them and then use the appropriate template.

cakequeen50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen50 Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 2:04pm
post #8 of 12

Icing images duplicated several licensed products for me. Pink floyd album cover, team logo, etc.

ForNikoandAnna Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 7:39pm
post #9 of 12

Thank you everyone! I guess I'll just email them and see if they'll do it. If not I have another idea I wouldn't mind doing instead.

Butterwench~ I'm a total newbie to cake decorating, what is a bakery supply house? If I do a google search will some companies come up?

Quote:
Quote:

Since I'm from Detroit. Why ruin the kids cake? Ya need one of those BIG, Red Wing wheels to cove the cake. Hehehehehehe

That gave me a good chuckle this morning Mike. It would be easier for me to attempt that logo myself vs the Blackhawk one but then I'd be dealing with a temper tantruming almost 4 yr. old. Ummmm, no thanks! icon_wink.gif

Dixiegal01 Posted 24 Apr 2008 , 10:13pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheButterWench

Dixie Gal, you can use your Avery label template that comes with your Word program.

If you have these items available, just measure them and then use the appropriate template.

Butterwench, when I bought my new computer I didn't even get Word loaded since I use my pc at work for any documents I need. I'll have to see if Microsoft Works or the HP Digital program will let me create something....I'm not the most high tech girl on the block icon_redface.gif , that's for sure! Thanks for the response though, I need to learn some new tricks! icon_lol.gif
cakequeen50, how much advance did you have to give Icing Images to do your trasfer? I'm the biggest procrastinor...I can't wait till the last minute for this one......
dg10148, I might even check with my local Kroger's that would be great if they would do them for me, nice to have two options thumbs_up.gif

ForNikoandAnna Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 1:21am
post #11 of 12

Just thought I'd come back and update!

They did print out the Chicago Blackhawks logo for me and I used them on my son's 4th birthday cake this past Saturday. I was very happy with their service and would use them again!

Here is the cake:
LL

Dixiegal01 Posted 25 Jun 2008 , 10:54am
post #12 of 12

That looks great!!!! Your cake looks so smooth.
I did mine as well, it's the cake in my photos that has the turntable on top. I ended up getting the transfer from a local bakery. I had a heck of a time with mine. I couldn't get the image to separate from the backing, even after putting it in the freezer so I just had to cut it out and put it on a piece of fondant...backing and all icon_mad.gif I was so frustrated but since no one would have eaten the album cover I went with that. There has to be a trick to that process.....kinda put the fear of edible images in me!

Your's came out perfect thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%