Ideas For A Goodbye Friends, Welcome Neighbors???

Decorating By Kahuna Updated 23 Apr 2008 , 5:15pm by Teekakes

Kahuna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kahuna Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 3:59pm
post #1 of 10

This will be a block party cake to say goodbye to the old neighbors and welcome the new ones that bought the houses. They want to include the names of the kids as well. Does anyone have any ideas for this, because I have absolutely none icon_cry.gif Thanks for any help!

Sue

9 replies
CelebrationCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CelebrationCakery Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 4:13pm
post #2 of 10

This will be a fun one for sure...I just made myself LOL because I started writing "I see houses, people and pets" (I sound like a psychic)

No really, are you going 3D on this one? I would want to make it 3D with houses, people, sidewalk, flowers, pets...it will be fun...make the people waving. near the fence. Welcome sign with personalization. Or do teirs instead of 3D and make the houses from fondant on the sides.

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 4:13pm
post #3 of 10

Glad you ask this, Sue! I had the exact same problem last fall and never came up with a good idea......Every summer I host a Cul-de-sac party for all our neighbors and last summer/fall one of them was moving..........we hated losing our good neighbors so I just kept stumbling everytime I thought about it. Cake block!! icon_lol.gif
So, I ended up making a variety of chocolate, vanilla and strawberry cupcakes, each decorated simply using the 1M tip. I striped the icing bag with various colors so the white buttercream would look neat and swirly for all the kids too. Everyone loved them.

I am curious to hear the ideas regarding a cake on this subject. There is bound to be a good idea or two from someone! thumbs_up.gif

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 4:21pm
post #4 of 10

Are they having a theme for the block party? If so I would decorate to go with that.
For the inscription I would put, "We will always treasure the memories of (neighbors leaving), and look forward to making new memories with (new neighbors).

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 4:24pm
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianDonovan

This will be a fun one for sure...I just made myself LOL because I started writing "I see houses, people and pets" (I sound like a psychic)

No really, are you going 3D on this one? I would want to make it 3D with houses, people, sidewalk, flowers, pets...it will be fun...make the people waving. near the fence. Welcome sign with personalization. Or do teirs instead of 3D and make the houses from fondant on the sides.

I like your idea.. I did a city scape for spidy, and the same concept could be used with houses and sidewalks, etc... I have to keep that idea for our HOA meetings... thanks..

CelebrationCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CelebrationCakery Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 4:24pm
post #6 of 10

I just found a cake that came to mind when I read your posts....

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=621673

Kahuna Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 4:26pm
post #7 of 10

I don't know if there is a theme, and she always leaves it to me on design or decoration ideas "I'm sure you will think of something" thank goodness I have CC to help me think!!

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 4:28pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianDonovan

I just found a cake that came to mind when I read your posts....

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=621673

Oh, love that cake, and I know we all have those cookie cutters shaped like houses, gb houses, etc.. fences, and trees, really nice touch....

Kahuna Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 4:31pm
post #9 of 10

icon_surprised.gif that is georgous!!!!!!! thanks ChristianDonovan wow what a beauty! This person is a very dear friend and I would like to something really special for her. Thanks for everything so far, I feel like a few sparks are starting despite the cobwebs up there in the old brain

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 5:15pm
post #10 of 10

Oh I love that cake too!!! Wish I would have seen it last year...........oh well, next time.

Looking forward to seeing what you decide on and come up with!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%