See? Some People Will Pay $5K For Cake!!

Decorating By ccr03 Updated 25 Apr 2008 , 6:07pm by KathysCC

fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 12:32am
post #31 of 36

Tom Cruise paid for it. He is rich, he can afford it.. so what is the problem ? Why can't rich people spend their hard earned money without being thrown stones at ? worth or not , no one here paid for that cake but Tom Cruise.. Suri is Tom Cruise daughter, at least not by someone on Walfare .. Yah! probably we can make better looking cake, but Tom Cruise did not hire any of us, so too bad !! we are not rich like him, so let's deal with it.. icon_cool.gif

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 5:02am
post #32 of 36

Oh please, no one reply to that last post. We all need to start ignoring posts that seem to stir up trouble.

Now back to the regularly scheduled thread.

My question was this. Who is Sylvia and why are her cakes famous? icon_confused.gif

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 6:21am
post #33 of 36

It is an okay cake but I definitly agree..... I have seen much better work on cc..... and yes it does look a little tilted. I will dub this cake the leaning tower of polkaflies. icon_biggrin.gif I think the green threw me off for a second.

roxxxy_luvs_duff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 6:58am
post #34 of 36

"the leaning tower of polkaflies" icon_lol.gif

all i will say is..if i spent that much for that cake i would have been very upset. i would love to see what the personalized cakes looked like cause there lettering on the cupcakes was really pretty

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 5:09pm
post #35 of 36

'Sylvia' is Sylvia Weinstock, and she is incredible, inspiring, and cake artist to the super-rich etc etc.

And I think Suri's cake is very cute.

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 25 Apr 2008 , 6:07pm
post #36 of 36

Wow, Sylvia must be good. I found her web site and it isn't a site at all but just a single page of pictures flashing by with her phone and email. You have to be overwhelmed with business to have a website like that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%