Have You Seen/used This Pan?

Decorating By Melvira Updated 27 Apr 2008 , 2:46pm by dldbrou

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 1:01am
post #31 of 44

I'm sorry MomKiksButt... I totally missed your question!!! Didn't mean to ignore you. They are at BakersEdge and ChefCentral also. I don't recall which site I saved the pic from, but I'm sure they are about the same price all over!

I actually saw them on shop.com, here's a link http://www.shop.com/+-p79162264-st.shtml?sourceid=13 and if you actually want to get one you can choose which place to buy from! icon_wink.gif

Angelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angelgirl Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 1:10am
post #32 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

I was surfing and came across a pan that seems really cool! It's a brownie pan meant for people who really prefer the crunchy edge brownies as opposed to the soft middle. I thought it was a novel idea, although I am not sure I would buy one. Just curious if anyone has ever used it and what they thought!

Some marriages would end in divorce if they bought that pan! It seems like every couple has a "crunchy end" eater and a "soft brownie" eater in it! hahaha!

This is soooo my house! I'm the middle, he's the crunchy outside!

milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 1:19am
post #33 of 44

Oh my....I love the soft middle of EVERYTHING not just brownies! My husband too but I can give him the crusty ends and he just dunks it in MILK so we are covered and NOTHING gets thrown in the trash around here!! lol...

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 1:24am
post #34 of 44

I described the pan to my DH... he says we must have one, so if anyone knows where I can find one, that'd be really nice. icon_smile.gif

Of course, I dont' think he deserves it... after all, he makes me burn NFSC before they're 'just right' for him! ACK!!!! Weirdo.

Melvira Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 1:40pm
post #35 of 44

Hey Doni, go up to my previous post (like four above yours) there is a link that will give you a list of places to get one! Let us know how you like it when you use it! So far we've only had one vote from someone who's actually used it, though it was a very positive review!!

miss_sweetstory Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miss_sweetstory Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 1:55pm
post #36 of 44

MY friend sent me one of these for my birthday. My husband loves it (I'm the soft-gooey center type myself.) A few weeks ago one of my neighbors saw it in my drying rack and asked about it.

As I explained I could see it in her eyes..."The crazy American is even crazier than I thought..." Sigh.

imagine76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagine76 Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 1:57pm
post #37 of 44

holy buckets!!! that's fantabulous!!!! mother's day is coming up. i'll start the heavy hinting today!

i'd wrestle anyone for their brownie corner. child, invalid, pregant lady. do not let me see that you have a brownie corner. i will take your butt OUT for it!

Melvira Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 2:06pm
post #38 of 44

Never again will I feel safe eating a brownie corner. Thanks a ton!! icon_lol.gif

Laura102777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura102777 Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 2:09pm
post #39 of 44

I'm an edge-piece lover myself. Sometimes once I've cut a few pieces I'll even leave the pan out uncovered on the counter for a while to let it dry out a little and get more chewy. Weird, I know. Brownies are the only thing I'm that way about.....I like my cake super-moist. Go figure!

I did discover my own poor-man's answer to the crusty-brownie situation, though. I bake them in muffin tins, and then they have a crust all around each piece. Yummy!

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 2:20pm
post #40 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchCake

Tallmama, that's funny! My son tried licking his finger to mark his preferred piece of treat with, but I told him we all had the same germs and I ate it anyway.

Don't mess with a determined woman who wants a brownie.

Deanna

My daughter did that also, she licked the brownie to claim it. I ate it any way and told her the same thing, that we were family and shared each others germs icon_biggrin.gif

Momkiksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momkiksbutt Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 2:45pm
post #41 of 44

Thanks for the link Melvira! It went straight into my favorites file!

And the responses to this thread are Hilarious!! I needed a good laugh this morning! icon_mad.gificon_smile.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 5:24am
post #42 of 44

How deep is it?

It might make good fruitcake if it's deep enough. My DD likes square chunks of it, he eats it with cheese ...shudder...

Melvira Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 2:07pm
post #43 of 44

Here is the promotional info on the pan: It's 2" deep!

"True brownie lovers who savor the edges of chocolatey treats will love this new pan from Bakerâs Edge. The 9â x 12â x 2â Edge Brownie Pan was designed specifically with âedge-loversâ in mind and is promoted as the only one of its kind.

The patented baking tray has additional interior walls meaning that each brownie cooked will have at least two chewy edges.

Thereâs no need to adjust your favorite recipe as the pan holds a similar quantity of brownie mixture to standard 9âx 9â and 9â x 13â pans. The manufacturers claim that the innovative design provides better overall cooking with less undercooked insides and burned edges.

The pan is made from heavy-gauge cast aluminum with a nonstick coating making it both long lasting and easy to clean. The round corners also result in easier cleaning and recessed handles allow you to grab and turn the pan much easier when your goodies are cooked.

The Edge Brownie Pan was the brainchild of husband and wife team Matt and Emily Griffin. Mat is the âstrategy guyâ with a background in engineering whilst Emily is an accomplished chef and acts as Mattâs bake ware muse.

The pan can be used for a variety of foods (not just brownies) including bar cookies, breads and even lasagna. The Edge Brownie Pan costs US$34 and is available from the Bakerâs Edge website or from retailers listed on the site. Each pan comes with a custom mini-spatula and recipes. Edge lovers neednât fight over the corner brownies ever again!"

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 2:46pm
post #44 of 44

I was just researching if there were other useful recipes and I found one for cheesecakes, so cheesecake lovers here is the site /www.slashfood.com/2006/06/19/cheesecake-bars-and-testing-the-bakers-edge-pan/. I guess now I have at least two reasons to justify the price and the space it would take up in my cabinet.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%