Unc Cookie Cutter

Baking By Callie0266 Updated 19 Apr 2008 , 12:10pm by ziggytarheel

Callie0266 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callie0266 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 4:51am
post #1 of 4

I need a UNC cutter (where the NC letters overlap). Does anyone know where to find them? I don't want to make it myself. Thanks

3 replies
rhondab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhondab Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 12:31pm
post #2 of 4

I've had good luck with cutting individual letters, then pressing them together before baking so that they bake together into one cookie - did a lot of monograms for my daughter's wedding that way and they held together nicely.

rhondab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhondab Posted 18 Apr 2008 , 12:02pm
post #3 of 4

If you can find metal letter cutters in the size you need, it should be fairly easy to use tin snips to cut out sections and use those as tabs to join the letters together. The tutorial on this site on making cookie cutters will give you the details on how to join the metal ends together. It's easier for me to start with a cutter and modify than to create one from scratch.

Good luck

ziggytarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ziggytarheel Posted 19 Apr 2008 , 12:10pm
post #4 of 4

I don't think I've ever seen one of those! I have a state of NC shaped cookie cutter and a foot cookie cutter. I checked the website for A Southern Season and didn't see any cookie cutters listed there. However, I'm pretty sure I saw some NC cutters, so maybe they might be a source?

And I know that I saw at The Shrunken Head (on Franklin St. in Chapel Hill) some foot cutters. Seems like they might have had yet another. But I'm pretty sure I would have BOUGHT the N/C cutter if I had seen one.

Are you near Chapel Hill?

Quote by @%username% on %date%