Chocolate Transfer?

Decorating By heycupcake Updated 14 Apr 2008 , 9:49pm by JodieF

heycupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heycupcake Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 8:50pm
post #1 of 2

Im wondering how to do this...and exactly what they are--i keep seeing people talking about them...but i have no clue....

are they difficult? what do you use them for?

1 reply
JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 9:49pm
post #2 of 2

Chocolate transfers are clear sheets of acetate that have colored cocoa butter on them, in patterns. You melt chocolate and pour it on the transfer, then you can wrap a round cake or make panels for a square cake. You let the chocolate set and then peel off the acetate. The pattern stays on the chocolate.
I buy mine at Beryl's:

If you look in my photos, there are several pictures of cheesecakes I've wrapped with chocolate transfers, and I also did a wedding cake I used them on.

They're pretty easy to use, and sure give a cake a "wow" factor!


Quote by @%username% on %date%