Help Me Price This Cake Please...

Español By mayra Updated 9 Apr 2008 , 5:56pm by Amia

mayra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mayra Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 3:17pm
post #1 of 11

Hello I really dont know what to price this cake. Can someone help me please. It is a 8, 10, and 12 inch. Buttercream filling.
LL

10 replies
cherylgeorge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherylgeorge Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 3:25pm
post #2 of 11

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS !!!

whitscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whitscake Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 3:36pm
post #3 of 11

Alot of people I know in the cake business add up what it cost to make it and the time they put into it and divide it by the serving. Usually it comes out anywhere from fifty cents to a dollar a serving.

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 3:36pm
post #4 of 11

Wow. icon_eek.gif Beautiful cake! Did you make the castle and carriage? Some people charge a set per serving amount (the average I've seen is $3/serving and that cake would feed about 118, using Wilton's serving guide) and then charge a flat fee for any decorations added.

HTH

CakeDesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDesigns Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 3:47pm
post #5 of 11

Ya que rinde para 118 personas, yo lo daría en $295 + las decoraciones (castillo, zapato, carriage) si las tienes que comprar tú.

Que casualidad yo tengo que hacer un cake para este sábado de Cinderella y eso era lo que quería la cliente. Gracias a Dios decidimos en uno más lindo y más fácil de decorar. Si quieres te lo enseño el Lunes cuando pueda poner la foto. Si no la pongo envíame un pm para recordarmelo.

mayra Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 1:25pm
post #6 of 11

Well I have spoken to the client and she wants it to be red, white and gold. she is going to be buying the figurines (castle and carriage) herself. I told her I will charge her $250. Do you think that is reasonable or too little? Since I know that someone here said charge her $295.

Amia Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 3:56pm
post #7 of 11

I think that is too little. Will $250 cover your costs and time and leave you with any profit? $295 is $2.50/serving. I wouldn't charge her less than that. And if she decides not to purchase the figurines herself, then tell her how much it will cost to make each one ON TOP of the $295. $295 is a great price! Don't sell yourself short! icon_smile.gif

mayra Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 5:19pm
post #8 of 11

Thank you

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 5:28pm
post #9 of 11

I really wish I had seen this before you quoted a price. I would have charged alot more. That is going to take a lot of time to decorate with all of those flowers. Good luck.

mayra Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 5:46pm
post #10 of 11

I know, I should have posted a forum before I quoted her. But I just recieved an email and someone wants this cake for a baptism. Any suggestions on price before I mess up again lol

Amia Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 5:56pm
post #11 of 11

Does it have to be 118 servings? Could you do a smaller version? I can't imagine a baptism for 118 icon_eek.gif My son is being baptized next weekend. I'm making a tiered cake (6" and 8") and that will be just enough for everyone to have a big piece!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%